Firearm Quiz

I was looking everywhere for a decent photo of the Gyrojet 'til you mentioned it. Now I'm stumped

Anyone feel free to put up a question.

I got one here if you fellas don't mind.

0sj8.jpg

Liberator pistol.

A design meant to be airdropped on occupied areas during WWII to aid the resistance.

They were quicker to make and package then they were to shot and chamber a new round. I've shot one, they pinch the web of the skin.

Hmmm.... That design is a little different then the regular 1911. Could it be a foriegn copy. Mexico, Spain, Argentina, Norway, and a bunch more of different countries made them.

From the caliber marking in milimeters instead of inches. I'd have to say that it's a Norwegian Model 1914.

It can only be a Mexican Obregon. The slide has a pretty distinct bulge due to the rotating barrel feature IIRC.

Last edited:
Do'h! You're right, I was looking more at the markings than the design itself. It's the Mexican copy.

Gosh I think I've seen it before, looks like a cross between an AK and an FN/FAL for some reason, except it appears to take 5.56 mags. Gah!

Looks like something the Finns put together. It's has to be a Valmet M76 or M78. I'm not sure on the model but the maker appears to be a Valmet of Finland. (But then again I could be wrong because there are millions of AKs out there in the world.)

Back