Firearm Quiz

OK sorry for the delay. Merry Christmas everyone.

Identify this firearm.

Attachments

• M4 Carbine.gif
    M4 Carbine.gif
    22.2 KB · Views: 8
What operation or maintenance can't be done with a Thompson M1928A1 when the safety is in the "Safe" position, other than you cant fire the weapon. This is a question that requires a little lateral thinking but i don't know another way of phrasing the question without giving away the answer. It is probably true of many other weapons as well.

You cannot operate the charging handle thus cocking the weapon. Doing so can damage the bolt. As for with most other firearms, not really. I can charge many firearms while their safeties are engaged.

Yes you are correct, although what I was thinking of was that it cannot be re-assembled. My question was very poorly put.

I earnt the extreme displeasure of the gunnery officer many years ago after watching him struggle to reassemble a 1928A1 for 2 or 3 minutes, after having told the assembled group to ensure that the weapon was in the Safe position before re assembly.

Sometimes it is not wise to be right.

What model firearm is this....

1194936182_l.jpg

976591808-1.jpg

Senojekips, you mean plasticmongery right?

Its an ugly mother thats for sure.

Looks like some California-legalized crime-against-nature 12 gauge/.223 mutation.

Yeah Bugfatty, you hit that one on the head. Some designers compromise weapon that does lots of things but nothing well. Obviously designed as a police tactical weapon, I couldn't imagine using it in a military situation. It looks like the things I used to dream up and draw when I was about 12 years old. I reckon you've got the calibres about right too.

It is ugly in the ugliest way, makes some of my old girlfriends look like Miss World:D

Looks like a civilian novelty type to me.

"Thumbhole stock" so it isn't technically doesn't have a pistol grip. A 5-round magazine in one picture. No flash hider on the .223 barrel. Looks like an assault weapon ban relic.

I'm going to guess that its an old Kel-tec design. No idea what its called.

Well, it's not a Kel-Tec Design and it is chambered for the .223 Remington /12 Ga. I guess I'll give the answer to Bugfatty.

It's called the Crossfire MK-I. It is a pump action firearm with a switch. All you do is flip a switch and you can change from 12 gauge shotgun to .223 Remington.

I can find worst looking firearms. As for the Crossfire MK-I. I posted that thinking that it would stump you guys...

THis is one ugly piece of crap in my opinion. Sadly I could not find a photo of the ghetto hoodrat paint job on firearm sometimes. They will have like a purple tiger stripe pattern painted on them.

iraq-stolen-gun.jpg

Well, I must admit that the crossfire had me scratching my head.

I must concur regarding the "trivialised" AK, it looks like it should be in some 5 year olds toybox. Talk about trying to gild the lilly???

Obviously aimed at the pimp market.

The "Dardick 1500" now there's a classic. Used a magazine and a revolving chamber to fire a triangular "round".

I'm really giving away my age now.

You betcha. I didn't like it then, and my opinion hasn't changed in 40 odd years. Although I wouldn't mind a crate of them to sell off as collectors items. I reckon they would be as rare as hens teeth. I'm just trying to find a picture of another rarity from the same time.

They caled the round a "tround" or some such bull. It was a waste of time in my opnion. Much like the Gyrojet Pistol. Some folks just come up with strange designs.

Back