Car bomb in Times Square

Yes but it begs the question are there more plans like this one with more amatures standing in line for their shot next for more isolated attacks like such.

This guy got on the Int. flight even though he was on the no fly list!

Thing about that was they put on NO-FLY just hours before he was arrested. It wasnt like this guys was on the list for years. So I am not sure if thats a fair criticism.

I have been listening to this guy and I am making a guess here but I still think hes more of a wannabe than anything. It just strikes me that he seems to be giving all the answers (he thinks) the investigators want to hear.

He claimed he had bomb training in Wirsirsistan? Well either hes lying, flunked out of terrorist school, or the Taliban standards have slipped drastically. I know zero about explosives, but even a dunce like me would know that if I was going to try and make a bomb to use materials I know would actually explode. I seriously doubt the Taliban who are experts in this sort of thing would have taught their people to make such a stupid error.

Another fact was that they caught him alive with no struggle. Most of these loons when they get cornered try and go out in a blaze of glory. He didn't resist, he didn't flee, he didn't try and try and bluff. It Didn't sound like he was too eager to see Allah.

Its just an impression however.

Last edited:
Thing about that was they put on NO-FLY just hours before he was arrested. It wasnt like this guys was on the list for years. So I am not sure if thats a fair criticism.
OK, He had only been on the list for a couple hours & the Airlines only have to update once every 24 hours. I suspect that'll change quickly.

He claimed he had bomb training in Wirsirsistan? Well either hes lying, flunked out of terrorist school, or the Taliban standards have slipped drastically. I know zero about explosives, but even a dunce like me would know that if I was going to try and make a bomb to use materials I know would actually explode. I seriously doubt the Taliban who are experts in this sort of thing would have taught their people to make such a stupid error.

LMAO DUDE wanna be terrorist bashing tonight? LMAO

Thing is however what motivated him to all of a sudden be a wanna be killer. Or was it a long process or spure of the moment descion to want to take people out for whatever reason. For radical ideals,....or just for something else, frustration or something.

Either way I don't feel sorry for him.

Thing is however what motivated him to all of a sudden be a wanna be killer. Or was it a long process or spure of the moment descion to want to take people out for whatever reason. For radical ideals,....or just for something else, frustration or something.

Either way I don't feel sorry for him.

The newspapers this morning quoting a anonymous source that said he might have witnessed a drone attack while visiting home in Pakistan back in 2009. He was from the NW part which is where most of the fighting is.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/taliban_lackey_Su3wybDRpAYfahVx03zskI

This is only based from what I from what I read this morning.

Last edited:
True, I saw the quote somewhere else, in this thread I believe, something along the lines of,

Not every Muslim male is a terrorist, but all terrorist are Muslim Males since around 2001 in America

Its sad, but that for now, on the majority is the truth, I hate profiling, but, it's the hardest truth.

True, I saw the quote somewhere else, in this thread I believe, something along the lines of,

Not every Muslim male is a terrorist, but all terrorist are Muslim Males since around 2001 in America

Its sad, but that for now, on the majority is the truth, I hate profiling, but, it's the hardest truth.

Don't forget Joseph Stack. And grouping them by religion is tempting, but the political situation in Muslim countries, IMO, is much more to blame than any book, popular teaching, or Imam associated with Islam.

I didn't say I deal in absolute, there are still other maniacs out there, plotting for their chance to try and spread fear. Just that there is a deficient trend like it or not, and trust me I DON'T.

I didn't say I deal in absolute, there are still other maniacs out there, plotting for their chance to try and spread fear. Just that there is a deficient trend like it or not, and trust me I DON'T.

I hear you. The last 30 years has seen a definite trend in Muslim combatants attacking American and Western interests using a variety of different tactics. I just think that it's a political problem. I see culture and religion as motivating and unifying factors for groups of combatants, but I deny any organic link between a religion and terrorist attacks.
There are things going on in Mexico that are more inherently "terrorist" than most attacks in Afghanistan. Beheadings, sewing men's faces on soccer balls, daylight town square executions, etc. Whenever the cartels wear ski masks and behead someone on camera, I keep expecting them to yell the Takbir, but of course they don't. I've been conditioned to associate terrorism with Islam.

I hear you. The last 30 years has seen a definite trend in Muslim combatants attacking American and Western interests using a variety of different tactics. I just think that it's a political problem. I see culture and religion as motivating and unifying factors for groups of combatants, but I deny any organic link between a religion and terrorist attacks.
There are things going on in Mexico that are more inherently "terrorist" than most attacks in Afghanistan. Beheadings, sewing men's faces on soccer balls, daylight town square executions, etc. Whenever the cartels wear ski masks and behead someone on camera, I keep expecting them to yell the Takbir, but of course they don't. I've been conditioned to associate terrorism with Islam.

Only the last 30 years for Muslims to attack "Judeo-Christian" races? I think that you could do better than that, after all, we in "the West" have been at the Muslims for a lot longer than that!! And Vice Versa.

I think that part of what we're experiencing at the moment is what the economists call the "mobility of labour", a nice capitalist expression, improved communication and a news brotherhood that has a vested interest in selling scarism and panic, as well as occaisionally the facts.

So how do we solve terrorism? I don't know, but my gut tells me stop marginalising people, stop riding roughshod over their hopes and aspirations and get the people invested in their future - not going to happen, but I too Have a Dream.

Look back however, the ties between terrorists that are Muslim and the basis of fight until either your dead or your arms are lobbed off has been used in the name of almost every God.

But the veil of religion to advocate terror attacks has been used as well, allot of times indirectly, just the fact, and the evidence (umm like victims and damage reports) is lately taking the shape of Muslim extremists. And besides, once you ingrained that into the mainstream of society, then it will be difficult to change that in this day and age, it would take quite awhile to do so, history has shown that with opinions, statistics like whats going in Mexico be damned!

Cause whatever happens today outside Jihadists attacks, as far as matters regarding terrorism, people will compare it to radical Islam.

Muslim countries have hated the west ever since somebody tried to ram Christianity down their throats. Find that person or persons, and you find the reason that this whole thing has been going on since it started.

Some scars on that issue run pretty deep, there was a time when thousands upon tens of thousands marched half way around the known world to kill the other faith with a pissed off vigor that affected history up to this day and age.

Thats the tough part about dealing with radical Islam. They have a tendency to want to bring stuff like that up with an ( O yea what about this?) type of viewpoint.

Last edited:
Back