Car bomb in Times Square

All too true, but don't forget that we have our own Christian sectarian terrorists, not just in N Ireland either!! The problem is that they use religion as a mantle for their wider aspirations, maybe Marx did get something right?

Muslim countries have hated the west ever since somebody tried to ram Christianity down their throats. Find that person or persons, and you find the reason that this whole thing has been going on since it started.

All too true, but don't forget that we have our own Christian sectarian terrorists, not just in N Ireland either!! The problem is that they use religion as a mantle for their wider aspirations, maybe Marx did get something right?
Islam has been expanded by the sword from the beginning. What we now think of as Moslem Land was Christian untill they captured it. In N. Ireland I think it was Marxist using religion to gain support.

Thats why it is so easy to mix political implications with religious struggles, not hard to entangle the two, intentionally or not.

Islam has been expanded by the sword from the beginning. What we now think of as Moslem Land was Christian untill they captured it. In N. Ireland I think it was Marxist using religion to gain support.

And before it was Christian land it was pagan land. A thousand years ago kingdoms/caliphates expanded if they were given the chance.

Religion unifies people and makes it easier to demonize outgroups. It makes political moves easier. That's what terrorism is: political. I agree with many posts that if America's interests were not at odds with the interests of so many, terrorism would be a much smaller problem.

I don't live very far from Westboro Baptist Church. If the political situation were different here in the Midwest, perhaps if foreign troops had bases here or another government (run by one of the groups that WBC declares so adamantly that "God hates") was involved somehow in their lives, I think that Fred Phelps and the gang would soon be carrying out some pretty heinous acts of terror.

No, they were using religion (on both sides) to cover their political aims, general greed and baser desires, at heart both the loyalist and nationalist terrorist organisations were criminal enterprises, they wore the flag of a cause to garner support, but were still criminals, mass murderers, but criminal ones.

I do have to add that christianity was spread by the sword, my own GB used the fact that is was spreading the word of christianity to encompass the globe, gobble up resources and sleep safe and sound in bed, because it had done good and turned a profit to boot.

To my mind religion should be banned, people forced to think for themselves and question not only their governments authority, but the decisions of those around them, openly and without fear. I shall be moving to Utopia sometime in the next decade!

I don't live very far from Westboro Baptist Church. If the political situation were different here in the Midwest, perhaps if foreign troops had bases here or another government (run by one of the groups that WBC declares so adamantly that "God hates") was involved somehow in their lives, I think that Fred Phelps and the gang would soon be carrying out some pretty heinous acts of terror.

DUDE!!! I am soooo sorry to hear that you live close to them, I feel your pain, I have PETA down the road in Norfolk, thats a domestic terror group too, just not religious.

Well how about our troops,and our fellow citizens in our respective countries of the coalition, for all in all, at the topic of bombs, motives and the consequences I will say this, either aboard or at home, I hope all the enemy's bombers are inept, all their fuses sizzle out, and all their batteries are wet, I hope that they get the wrong fertilizer and watch our convoyes change their planned routes and drive in a different direction.

And I pray that the enemy see the errors in his ways, and put down that da**ed det cord at the realization that he is ruining many lives and his, and just goes home...or that it malfunctions on the error of his ways.

A dream I know, but until otherwise stops the treachery I am going to keep praying and do what I can.

Last edited:
Back