'Black Hawks' to protect innocents from terror?

Well, I do have a very bad image about the ANA.

When I think about the ANA I think about poorly disciplined mountain boys climbing a tree to pick up nuts reputed as "magic" and capable of boosting their "virility" if they eat 30 of them.

And I was told by a Muslim guy that the people who would join the Coalition effort are either "corrupt" people (from poor people looking for a job to power hungry criminals) or "empty shells" (people with no discipline and no character to naive kids who believe the propaganda). And the guy is a PhD, serious fella...

And I'm sure that the population would rather have their own people protecting them than foreigners... It's logic I guess.

But I still think that it's extremely dangerous to expand too fast. When you are so desperate that you stop asking people before working with them... There is danger.

A Muslim PhD! Then it must indeed be the truth. I´am just a dumb soldier who has fought and lived with them. So what do I know about it!

Ummm, I didnt say that what he said is pure gold...

But you know that following our culture we will see or not some aspects.

For you a camel is a dumb ugly animal with a good capacity to survive in the desert. But for a poor tribe man it can be a years income and a form of currency to buy women from the neighboring tribe.

This was a simple example. To give you another, think about... I dont know. The terrorists who behead hostages on TV. From our Western point of view. It's terrorism. A brilliant communication effort that will strike fear in the populations... With political and economic (ransoms) repercussions in the future.

But only a very "Westernized" or strategically Western oriented terrorist mind could think of it in these terms.
It's probably only a poor attempt to reinvent old medieval Islamic justice. As in their culture: Killing people in a dark corner is murder. And accusing people of a crime and beheading them in public (in front of camera) is fair legitimate justice.

Maybe that they think that making this video protects them for a godly punishment. But our western minds that are trained by logic and formed into categories of politics, sociology and military affairs... we see it as strong propaganda and active terrorism.

Both might be correct at the same time. They just ignored some aspects and focused on different aspects.

So maybe that when an Afghan joins the ANA, you see a brave man willing to serve his country. Through government. Because you think that it takes some balls to join the battle. And as you come from a country where government are manned by honest people, you are not sensitive to the harsh consequences on your morality when you join a government force.

But a Muslim will see something else... a despicable man who will join a corrupt regime (governments arent seen as good thing in a lot of Muslim countries). controled by foreign enemies of their people. And I could add some religious considerations... Things you dont even think about... Like being paid to do his duty. In Islam men have the duty to spend their lives and wealth to fight their enemies. (They are allowed to loot their dead enemies.)

So, to not write pages about this... I value your opinion hightly. But it's the opinion of a professional soldier from Denmark. I'm not sure how to use it in a country like Afghanistan... I would take the opinion of Muslims over your experienced opinion in building the reputation of the ANA in Afghanistan.

And you spoke about their skills and their value as soldiers/human beings. But as Muslims? Can you tell me if their are good respected ones or total failures? I'm not sure you can.

But If someone asks me about the ANA in Europe, I will quote you(accurately).

And after writing this... I remember that I dont know anything about these black hawks...

Sorry Prapor for hijacking your thread. But can you tell us what you know about these black hawks and their place in the local environment where they act/live.

Ummm, I didnt say that what he said is pure gold...

But you know that following our culture we will see or not some aspects.

For you a camel is a dumb ugly animal with a good capacity to survive in the desert. But for a poor tribe man it can be a years income and a form of currency to buy women from the neighboring tribe.

So 'buying' women and treating them as property is okay? That's your Islamist culture.

And after writing this... I remember that I dont know anything about these black hawks...

Sorry Prapor for hijacking your thread. But can you tell us what you know about these black hawks and their place in the local environment where they act/live.

Black Hawks are North Caucasian ethnicity former, maybe some current, officers of Russian police and military; and their sons. Nationalists of their tribes, patriots of Russia. These are people who refuse to surrender their homelands, thier freedom of faith, and the freedom and equal rights of their wives and daughters to sub-human animal Arab Wahhabi scum.

Prapor, I dont defend anything. I fight ignorance and defend the right for other cultures to exist and to evolve.

No culture on earth is superior. Maybe that your ancestors were buying and selling women by giving skins of animals... You dont know. Some people evolve in some aspects faster than others.

And by others, every society have a similar process where a man proves how worthy he is to a woman. Sometime, you take a woman to dinner and offer her a diamond ring, others give camels to her family...

You are the one adding a negative judgment on what I said. You dont like Muslims, I get it. But dont be full of prejudice.

And after your description it sounds like a militia. I love people who know how to converse their pride and who are ready to fight to protect their right to keep their way of life.

I dont know why, but I saw them as a mob like organisation taking protection money from people to fight and using the fight against terrorism as an excuse...
Sometimes I'm full of prejudice too.

And Wahabism is a really nasty religious doctrines... I dont like the Saudi because of that kind of crap...

But we have to keep this kind of militias in check as they sometimes turn into real extremists. These are the kind of men who can slaughter a whole ethnic group... Wonderful people to have on your side in a battle. But as a civilization, they are often a threat.

I remember what happened in Kosovo, militia like groups who pretend to fight an enemy to protect an identity ended up slaughtering women and children and raping and killing the people who were their neighbors...

Back