Best Political System

Did you know that marx was a fervent believer in capitalism and colonialism? He reckoned you needed a poor industrial workforce which would eventually revolt. In his dreams capitalism brought this poor working class (at this he was right...... but that was about the only thing he was right)

Yeh, Russia was not yet a proper capitalist country when the revolution happened. It might have worked out better if there had been a communist revolution in an industrialized nation like Germany of France. Pure speculation of course.

Let's just say the experiment would have been more interesting and maybe had gotten another end result.

Ted said:
Let's just say the experiment would have been more interesting and maybe had gotten another end result.

Yeah, that.

zander_0633 said:
Well, if there is Communist, there wil not be Nazi

Probably not. And because of that, the Soviet Union might not have been screwed up by WW2 as much and might have become more prosperous.

bulldogg said:
As a sidenote... the original Pilgrim settlements were in fact communist, the name nor ideology had not been coined yet but in function they were in fact communist.

Many christians in the first few centuries AD were also communist, before it became Rome's official religion.

Last edited:
A complex question. In the States as an outsider looking in power these days seems to be purchased through the medium of television Adds. The person that can buy more air time than any one else stands a good chance of winning an election. Now I have NO desire to be rude to our American Cousins, but for just over the first half of the 20th Century who had some fairly good leaders as Presidents, on the later part of the 20th Century as television made a greater impact on the voting public you have had some right wallies holding some of the very high offices. Now if all candidates could only spend the same amount of money on their campaign it might just level the playing field a bit and you might then see some better candidates come up from the ranks instead of just the monied class in America.

I don't think so. Communism was debunked by its own stupid leaders. Democracy is what makes Western governments superior, not capitalism.

Communism as a concept is fine, it was the people that took over as leaders that ruined it. The idea was it would all be run by the people for the people. Instead the leaders took over rather like a newly appointed Kings and fought to retain there position. The leaders spent well on them selfs and would have done any distant despotic ruler proud

Thats exactly what George Orwell shows in Animal Farm which I beleive is a brilliant parody of the Soviet Union.

Communism as a concept is fantasy. It fails because it doesn't take into account the factor that define the real world. Conceptual political systems are nothing but figments of peoples imaginations. If you assume away reality you can always paint a picture of perfect society. The cold hard facts of human economics and interaction tend to destroy the perfect vision. If it's not grounded in reality, it will result in tyranny.

This applies to everything from Communism to religious ideology.

Note: This is "biased opinion". Please do not construe it as fact.

Don't wory Insight, if people on this forum would take other opinions as facts, this forum would die a silent and swift death! Since the posts are endless, you'll need a train load of facts to change minds and that too isn't always enough...:)

But are you totally opposed to the idea of political idea based on an concept? Don't you need this conceptual framework to start building your party and to sell your idea to the electorate? Off course your perfect (or not so perfect) vision will get bitten by the facts of live, but that is where you start to compromise.
And I reckon it was the will of the communist not to compromise on their idea that was the end of their political dream. Or maybe communism has no compromises; they see society but want it to fit their plan. I don't know, it's just my tuppence worth and don't take that as a fact either, because I'm interested in your thoughts!

Back