About bloody time

CanadianCombat

Now that Canada has a new Prime Minister, he is planning on upgrading our military by raising its buget from $12.8 billion to $20 billion that would bring Canada up from 14 place to 8 place for world military spending according to CIA world fact book. The military is creating a new special forces unit, new armoured unit, buying some new larger transport planes, tanks, we now use Mercades G-Wagons instead of the Iltis jeep, more fighters and uping the amount of personel in the military. He is even thinking of going to Iraq to help with americans fight with the war on terror. There are many more things he has planned for the military also.

What do you all think? Is this a good idea or a bad one?

I think its all a good idea.

In my opinion it would be a bad idea for Canada to send troops to Iraq. It would just bring grief to families of soldiers who might get killed there and possibly incite terrorist to carry out attacks against Canadian assets abroad and in the homeland.

Commence flaming at your discretion:p

I agree with you on the part about families being in grief and that bing a bad thing,which is obv but you dont think that Canadian families grieve over soldiers killed in Afganhistain. We have already had many terrorist attacks in Canada. There have been many countries that support the war that have not had terrorist strikes related to the war in Iraq
The countries are: Albania, Azerbaijan, Britain, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Estonia, El Salvador, Georgia, Honduras, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Mongolia, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Norway, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, South Korea, Spain and Ukraine.

Britain and Spain have had terrorists attacks after they sent troops to Iraq. We can't tell for sure whether they were related to the war or not, but they seem to have been Islamic terrorists. In my opinion, there was a connection.

What kind of terrorist attacks has Canada suffered in the past?

CanadianCombat said:
Now that Canada has a new Prime Minister, he is planning on upgrading our military by raising its buget from $12.8 billion to $20 billion that would bring Canada up from 14 place to 8 place for world military spending according to CIA world fact book. The military is creating a new special forces unit, new armoured unit, buying some new larger transport planes, tanks, we now use Mercades G-Wagons instead of the Iltis jeep, more fighters and uping the amount of personel in the military. He is even thinking of going to Iraq to help with americans fight with the war on terror. There are many more things he has planned for the military also.

What do you all think? Is this a good idea or a bad one?

I think its all a good idea.

First off when and were did he the PM designate say that he was buying more tanks, fighters and a new armoured unit? The new special forces unit is called Special Operations Regiment and it is/will be stationed in CFB Petewawa. The special forces unit would have been created regardless if the Conservaties won the election or not. I believe he wants to up the amount of regualar force troops to 75 000 and increase the amount of reservists.

He is also planning on building a deap water port in Iqualit (artic) and building 3 armed icebreakers and stationning them there.

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
What kind of terrorist attacks has Canada suffered in the past?

Well we have had casualties in Afganistan if you count that. None directly in Canada.

Yoman said:
First off when and were did he the PM designate say that he was buying more tanks, fighters and a new armoured unit? The new special forces unit is called Special Operations Regiment and it is/will be stationed in CFB Petewawa. The special forces unit would have been created regardless if the Conservaties won the election or not. I believe he wants to up the amount of regualar force troops to 75 000 and increase the amount of reservists.

All of the Leopards are being transfored to alberta to form one large armoured unit,thus making a new armoured unit, and the new MGS (mobile gun system) is being built, which is the new tank. Yes I know Harper didn't come up with this idea he just wants to speed everything up, and if you were in the military you would maybe know something about this instead of getting all this so called info from your local new report. And the new special forces unit is called JATF ( joint actions task force) which is a sub catagory of the Special Operations Regiment.

CanadianCombat said:
All of the Leopards are being transfored to alberta to form one large armoured unit,thus making a new armoured unit, and the new MGS (mobile gun system) is being built, which is the new tank. Yes I know Harper didn't come up with this idea he just wants to speed everything up, and if you were in the military you would maybe know something about this instead of getting all this so called info from your local new report. And the new special forces unit is called JATF ( joint actions task force) which is a sub catagory of the Special Operations Regiment.
Your wrong buddy. The Special Operations Regiment was formaly called JATF but has since changed to Special Operations Regiment. JTF2 and CSOR (Canadian Special Operations Regiment) will be transfered to CANADIAN SPECIAL OPERATIONS FORCES COMMAND effective Febuary 1st.

Source

More from the CDS's SITREP No. 3:

On 1 Feb 06, CANSOFCOM HQ will stand-up and JTF 2 and the JNBCD Coy will be transferred from DCDS to CANSOFCOM. On the same date, 427 Sqn in Petawawa will be designated 427 Special Operations Aviation (SOA) Sqn, OPCOM to CANSOFCOM. In addition, the interim capability of the Canadian Special Operations Regiment will be established in Petawawa in early 06 and the screening and initial training of its first company group will be completed by Aug 06, when the unit strength will reach approximately 250 personnel at IOC. While CLS will give this unit a 'kick-start' by providing a formed company group for the training, this joint special operations unit will be recruited from across the regular and reserve components of the CF. I consider it essential that we quickly establish these new capabilities to learn the lessons and gain the insights that will shape the future expansion of these CF assets;

Secondly all of this info has not come from any media. And what about your new fighters statement?

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
Who was that individual?
Glyn Berry was a Canadian diplomat serving in Afganistan. He was travelling in a G-Wagon when his convoy was struck. In the same attack 3 Canadian soldiers travelling in the same vehicle were hert.

More details hear.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060116/kandahar_berry_canada_060126/20060126?hub=TopStories

Last edited by a moderator:
Secondly all of this info has not come from any media. And what about your new fighters statement?

That was my bad what i meant to say was, They are trying to get all 115 CF-18's operational not just the 80 that are operational right now.

And that thing about JATF, Its part of the Special Operations Regiment, just like JTF-2 is part of it. What I'm saying is that JATF is one of the new units in this regiment, just like the airborne regiment they are rebuilding.

All this information is from the Canadian National Defence website

CanadianCombat said:
That was my bad what i meant to say was, They are trying to get all 115 CF-18's operational not just the 80 that are operational right now.

And that thing about JATF, Its part of the Special Operations Regiment, just like JTF-2 is part of it. What I'm saying is that JATF is one of the new units in this regiment, just like the airborne regiment they are rebuilding.

All this information is from the Canadian National Defence website

Realy... That would be realy good if they can get all the fighters operational. Would they increase the size of the current squadron's or would they creat new squadron's? Can I have the source of this info so that I can research it further?

I have conflicting info about the Special Operations Regiment. I will try to clear it up a bit.

Canada should expand their national defense. Terrorist can strike any target in any country. And Canada does have some targets of importances, nuclear power plants, large populated cities, public mass transporation systems, and so on and so forth.

Sure, Canada still has alot of problems. Socialized Healthcare, crappy rights for citizens to own firearms, and such. But Cananda is making the swing from left to right once again. And that in my opinion is a good thing.

Canada's isolationist movement has actually been very effective is preventing attacks. Let the other big fat evil North American country absorb the hits while you use stealth to drop beneath the radar.

While not very moral, it's been proven a millitarily sound strategy.

Back