your hometown - Page 6

--
Boots

July 18th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

Topic: Re: my town

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller69
well i live in a small town called The Dalles it is locate in the state of Oregon 84 miles east of Portland on the Columbia River,it's population of little over 12,000 people,it's history it is one of the oldest towns in the states history was the county seat for the Oregon Territory,it's were the Settlers had make a choice wether to float the river down stream or go over Mt. Hood.
hun... 12,000 people isnt a small town.
July 19th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Z
I believe your looking for the movie name "tremors" sherman.
It was me, not sherman, but hey you're right you're right thanks bro 8)
That was a good one eh eh eh!
July 19th, 2004  
sgtbreeden

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCadet142

But I live in Salisbury. Well Granite Quarry, but they are connected.
Salisbury is the founder of Cheerwine, and awesome drink! Just a little taste of home i like to say, especially since around here its $.35 for a can and $0.99 for 2 liters. (everyone else is in the $2.50 range.

I have a Couple of friends from Salisbury NC. Cheerwine is all they could talk about too.

Any way I was born in South Carolina but only lived there the first 2 weeks of my life so I can't really tell about that. The place i consider my home town would be Buena Vista VA. I haven't lived there in years I now live in Kansas. Well Buena Vista is a quiet typical country town (if you've seen one you've seen them all). Population is around 5,000 now, we had the general store and a Hardees. There is a women only horse riding college there (not sure why you need college to ride a horse but the view was nice). The whole town supported the high school football team (witch was so small they had players from the 7th grade and up just to make a team). There was the typical rivalry with the school in the city next to us (Rockbridge County High School). Like I said if you have seen one small town you have seen them all. The biggest thing in the town right now is the new flood wall they built about 5 years ago.
--
Boots
July 19th, 2004  
MosquitoMan

I was born in Dresden, Germany (which will be 800 years old in 2006 ). Now I live in Sterling Heights, Michigan.

The first inhabitants of the land were Paleo Indians in 9,000 B.C. (like any of you wanted to know that ). The first American settlers in Sterling Hts. arrived as captives of the Chippewa Indians following the end of the Revolutionary War. After some escaped and others were freed by ransom payment from German missionaries, the settlers eventually built cabins along the Clinton River. The city started to grow during World War II when weapons and car manufacturers built plants in Sterling Township (now Sterling Heights).

Sterling Heights ranks as the ninth safest city in the United States and the safest city in Michigan based on F.B.I. statistics

STERLING HEIGHTS' POPULATION GROWTH
1960 - 14,622
1970 - 61,365
1980 - 108,999
1990 - 117,810
2000 - 124,471
2003 - 132,000
July 21st, 2004  
Big_Z

Sorry Italian guy, crazy what beer can do to you.
July 22nd, 2004  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Z
Sorry Italian guy, crazy what beer can do to you.
Well I got drunk last night myself, so...
July 22nd, 2004  
Pollux

Ok,
I was born in Weiden, a smal city with 45,000 cititzens. Its in the east of Bavaria, in the near of the bavarian forest. its about 760 Years old, but that is nothing special in that area....
its a nice, quiet, cosy city. Ok it can get boring sometimes, but its only 80km away from Regensburg. It was first mentioned in a manuscript from 1241. Around Weiden are villages and large forests. Ok....large for Germany .
I left the city in 2000, when i joined the army. Now i live in Munic, but i think there is no need to describe Munic....