your hometown - Page 4

--
Boots

June 7th, 2004  
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S

Stockton, CA. I am about 50 miles south of Sacramento... I think the population here is roughly around 250,000... At least i think... ill have to check that out...
June 9th, 2004  
OpsSpec04

My home town is Sunset Beach in Waterport, NY. It's right on the edge of lake ontario...directly across from Toronto. It's small.....and I would sit and watch the sunset at night in the summer on the beach there. Most of the homes around that area are all summer cottages with maybe a dozen families that lived there year round. *reminices* I miss it alot, I now live with the g-rents and it's in the woods, called Springwater, NY. That's about an hour south of Rochester. I hate it here...it's all moutainous and creepy at night as well as dangerous in the winter.
June 25th, 2004  
Silent_Grunt_jb

My hometown is Oxnard california
--
Boots
July 3rd, 2004  
Puteminboots

Topic: Home Town

I grew up in a very small town in Western Tennessee called Atwood. Nice place, not a lot to do there but still love it.

I currently live in Ft. Payne, Alabama. For those who listen to country music and know the group Alabama, Ft. Payne is where they are from. Very beautiful place. It is also known as the "Sock Capital of the World!" because there are a boat-load of mills and little sock making places there.

Boots
July 4th, 2004  
Lil Hulk 1988

Topic: Hometown....

Detroit, Michigan. The US's own personal war zone. Moved to Milwaukee as fast as I could, been here 10 years now. Not much nicer, but a little less violent.
July 4th, 2004  
ACTaFOOL82

San Antonio, Texas. The best of the best of Texas.
July 4th, 2004  
Troop Rupert

Born in Gutersoh, Germany. Moved to England, first to Wiltshire then on to Hampshire, Middlesex, London, Essex, Wales, back to Essex, Staffordshire, Licolnshire, Cambridgeshire, Suffolk, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire and am now in the city of Leeds in West Yorkshire.

Hoping not to move much more - I'm only 30 yrs old and am heartily sick of having no roots!!
July 4th, 2004  
Troop Rupert

Just realised that I've not really answered the question in this thread (sorry )

Leeds is one of the bigger cities in Yorkshire, in the north of England. Used to be quite industrial, but relies more on commerce, now. A good place to visit for places of interest, such as The Royal Armouries and other museums, manor houses, parks and gardens, theatres, the football stadium (Leeds United aren't doing too well right now!) and the Rugby stadium (C'mon you Rhinos!!).

Crime is about average - we've got our fair share of drug-crime, although this year, we've had a couple of coopers shot dead, which is pretty much unheard of in Leeds, or in Britain as a whole, so it quite shocked us locally.

I'm quite happy here. The ladies range from utterly shocking bushpigs to sublimely gorgeous (my wife Jo being a case in point - beautiful! )

Plenty of great ale-houses, clubs etc, although there are quite a few gay bars masquerading as ordianry run-of-the-mill pubs

I'd recommend a visit, anyway, troops!
July 5th, 2004  
GUNNER

cool, it's nice to see or read about others hometowns,

Dundee

My hometown (not where i live now but where i'm originally from)is a small french Acadian village in New Brunswick, we have one gas station, one church, an elementery school and one corner store, total population about 933. The closest town is about a 10 minute drive.The houses are far enough apart that you don't need to worry about how loud your playing your music, we have farms and everyone knows each other, almost all my relatives still live there. It's a pretty boring place for a teen, so there is a fair bit of crime due to boredom :P

GUNNER
July 6th, 2004  
Big_Z

I come from Indianapolis IN. Large city not sure of pop but i'm sure its over a million. We have the indy 500 the NFL colts and the NBA Pacers, both good teams that always choke in finals We are very serious about our basketball here, American basketball was started in Indiana somewhere cant remember where exactly. It can be a warzone in some areas and extremely rich in others like any other large American city. Gary IN is 4 hours north of here which was the murder capitol of the world at one time. The weather is about as varied as it gets, it can be
-30f in winter and 110f in summer. I love my city and wouldn't dream of living anywhere else