your hometown - Page 2

--
Boots

June 3rd, 2004  
Marksman

I recimend the place A,yo were born there so that's what makes it your home town
June 3rd, 2004  
SHERMAN

Well, what ever feels like your hometown.....
June 3rd, 2004  
Locke

i live in maroondah, victoria. technically the suburb is maroondah, but its a helluva lot easier to just say melbourne, its suburbia, theres houses everywhere, tho its not too crowded, i went to one of the local high skools (the one 200m away from me!!) and im currently at uni in closer to the actual city. it takes 1 hr to drive to the city, and abt the same time to reach the nearest beach, so im happily located!! thers a couple of big shopping centers (i refuse to say malls!!!) golf courses, i guess its just like suburbia everywhere. oh and gun related crime is on the rise, which is a bit of a worry but its not too bad compared to some parts of the world i guess...
--
Boots
June 3rd, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

Wow, I had a bunch of stuff about my hometown posted on another forum, but we had a disastrous memory dump about a week ago and it dumped everything since march 2003. (I wasn't even on the forums then lol)

But I live in Salisbury. Well Granite Quarry, but they are connected.
Salisbury is the founder of Cheerwine, and awesome drink! Just a little taste of home i like to say, especially since around here its $.35 for a can and $0.99 for 2 liters. (everyone else is in the $2.50 range.

Abraham Lincoln stopped in Salisbury (I think), we had a confederate prison... and a bunch of other stuff.

I would say there about about 35,000 people in salisbury, about 2,000 in granite quarry (and thats pushing it!)

So ya~!

June 3rd, 2004  
Nero

Well, I was born just outside Houston, Texas, but I've lived in Wyoming, Nebraska, Colorado, Texas, Kentucky, Virginia, Arizona, and now New York. I've moved around so much, I don't really have what I'd considered a hometown. Meh.
June 3rd, 2004  
Redneck

I grew up in Standish, CA, a little ranching community with a population of around 60, but we got a post office and a gas station, ain't we high speed? I'd say that near about every single adult male has served or is currently serving as an NCO in one of the services, and I'll be the first officer, so I catch quite a bit of flack for that (all in fun of course). Most of the cattle are hereford-angus crosses, just in case we ever start a milforum Trivial Pursuit.
Oh, and the SLFD is the best daggone DAV fire department in the world.
June 4th, 2004  
Sooners1

My hometown doesnt have a huge background or anything like that, a little town called Hydro, Oklahoma of about 900 and that was countin all the pets and farm animals. its about 64 miles west of Oklahoma City. There was 19 people in my graduatin class and I think 3 of them didnt make it.
June 6th, 2004  
Trigun_Eternaly

i used to live in Juneau alaska my dad was posted there befor that i lived in Sacromento california and befor that was Portland Oregon and befor that Seatle Washington i currently live in Canby Oregon and it sucks @$$! cause its oregon and all but im going to move back to Juneau Alaska once i can get the money i love it up there
June 6th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

wow... 60 people. Where I live there are 3,000,000.
June 6th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
Most of the cattle are hereford-angus crosses, just in case we ever start a milforum Trivial Pursuit.
those make the beef right? We have a buncha black Angus's around here... man you get some good stuff off them.