World's Policeman - Page 4

--
Boots

January 31st, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Funny how even the most noble of interventions, like Restore Hope were called big mistakes, the wrong wars and talked about how America should have never been involved in some tribal warfare thing that had been going on for centuries.
I understand where CO5060.20 is coming from but I think for a while, people should learn what happens when Police Action doesn't happen. You can tell the self-righteous, peace loving, tolerant EU that they can finally put their ideas to the test. Since the American way "didn't work," they can have a shot at it this time around.
strangly enough i agree with that! america cops alot of flak because of their actions....some good, some bad. i think that as the old colonial powers they may have more understanding of the tensions behind the conflict (the french actions in ginea not withstanding!)
January 31st, 2005  
A Can of Man

I think the French actions reflect how well the French understand the territory: Very well.
The only thing that's going to work down there is busting some caps.
January 31st, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
I think the French actions reflect how well the French understand the territory: Very well.
The only thing that's going to work down there is busting some caps.
i saw one thing on the news that probably killed all french tourism to the region forever...on local yelling "i want to eat a frenchman!" over and over into the camera. hmmmm

but love the fact the french took out the entire airforce as a reprisal!
--
Boots
January 31st, 2005  
Charge 7

Did he say with vin blanc or bernaise?
January 31st, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
Did he say with vin blanc or bernaise?
hmmmm i'm guesing it would be without condiments
January 31st, 2005  
A Can of Man

Well people weren't going to the Yugoslavia area right after the peacekeeping missions, especially Serbia.
Americans didn't visit Vietnam after South Vietnam fell .. at least for a long time.
Who cares if the tourism there has fallen? Is that what it's come down to? Avoid military intervention because it'll kill off tourism?? It's hillarious though how the French do exactly what they criticise the Americans of doing... and they do it in a harsher, more brutal manner but at a smaller scale. Except this time around, it wasn't going in to try to stop terrorism or to keep the world's oil supply from falling into the hands of a hostile dictator... it was CHOCOLATE!!!!!! hahahaha. j/k I'm sure there were other reasons but... shouldn't we be outside the French embassy with signs saying "No War For Chocolate" by now?

@ the wine comment.
I heard some African dictator did something like that. He says it tastes good with red wine.
January 31st, 2005  
Charge 7

"shouldn't we be outside the French embassy with signs saying "No War For Chocolate" by now? "

LMAO!

No bon-bons for peace! Don't go to all the truffle! War is cocoa!
January 31st, 2005  
A Can of Man

Every time I eat chocolate, I will think of those brave French guys who risked their butts so that I could satisfy my sweet tooth every now and then.
January 31st, 2005  
CO5060.20

Haha, you guys are beautiful...beautiful...
January 31st, 2005  
r031Button

I think the French do what a great deal of other nations should; they aggressively protect their foreign nationals in regions they used to control. Case in point is the Ivory Coast; the French didn't deploy there as peace keepers/makers, they deployed there to defend there own above all else. They also know how to make a point in these countries, ie: they destroyed the air force that bombed them in the Ivory Coast. Frankly I wish I could rely on Canada to that extend with regards to protecting my family and myself if I was ever overseas.