Words right out of my mouth...

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
imaoun500.gif

square-large-atf.gif

square-large-nochegr.gif

square-large-select.gif

:rolleyes: Obviously Propaganda coming from the far far far right.

Last edited:
Rabs, define propaganda.
Things a government tells its people to garner a certain sentiment.

What luis posted was an opinion something you can agree or disagree with.

p.s - dirty post editor :)

I actually like Che Guevara.

He did some amazing things. Sure he was a Communist. But his military record is rather interesting.

Oh and, the Genocide thing in the U.N. one is hinting about the genocide in Rwanda. Just if anybody didn't know.

-Echo

What a surprise.

CABAL said:
:rolleyes: Obviously Propaganda coming from the far far far right.

Obviously a comment from a German who, though studying in the USA, fails to grasp the nuances of her culture. This is HUMOR... again a subject you seem to have trouble grasping. But then studying at uni has that effect on people so its a simple observation, not a judgement. :D

Far right, nah, just right. Propaganda? No.
Labels like this are used as a dismissive device.

Propaganda does not necessarily have to come from the Government. If I see posters, radios, TV, or any other media trying to persuade me to react and at the same time pounding me with crap, it still doesn't matter wheres its coming from. Its still propaganda.

You guys are well aware that there is Liberal Propaganda floating all over the place in TV's, Radios and yet none of them come from the Government. It matters not whether I agree or disagree of what is presented, anything that attempts to persuade me with rhetoric is propaganda.

Far right, nah, just right. Propaganda? No.
Labels like this are used as a dismissive device.

The term is given a bad name, but is actually can be good sometimes when trying to raise public awareness.

Last edited:
If it tries to sway my opinion to the left or to the right then it IS propaganda.

What was posted leaves no doubt about being propaganda ... either you agree with the sentiments they raise (or) you don't.

In this case though, it doesn't quite rise to the level of illegal propaganda ... the source is from readily available public sources (and) there are other sources that off-set what was posted ... all it takes is a very short internet search.

In this case though, it doesn't quite rise to the level of illegal propaganda ... the source is from readily available public sources (and) there are other sources that off-set what was posted ... all it takes is a very short internet search.

Yes of course this isn't illegal. Originally I intend to say that this is still propaganda, legal or not, agreeable or not agreeable.

Obviously a comment from a German who, though studying in the USA, fails to grasp the nuances of her culture. This is HUMOR... again a subject you seem to have trouble grasping. But then studying at uni has that effect on people so its a simple observation, not a judgement.

You assume that I fail to grasp the "cultures" of America. What culture or sub-culture are you referring to Bulldogg? And specify where? The South? Mid-west? West? East? The USA is a very large country with a huge demographic. The country is also very diverse. There are diffences in political views depending on the majority of citizens living in each district. I currently live in New York City, probably the most liberal city in the United States.

Bulldogg, I think you've been living in China for too long.

CABAL said:
Yes of course this isn't illegal. Originally I intend to say that this is still propaganda, legal or not, agreeable or not agreeable.

Can the Advertisement be considered as propaganda, too?

CABAL said:
I currently live in New York City, probably the most liberal city in the United States.

NYS is a very conservative city if you compare it with Berkeley, CA or Madison, WI

Last edited:
Can the Advertisement be considered as propaganda, too

No. Advertisements is to persuade more buyers. It's a marketing tool. So therefore they usually do not contain political messages or ideologies. They only intend to attract customers.

Propaganda on the other hand follows the same concept of using different mediums as a tool of persuasion, but it intends to sway people ideologically and politically.

NYS is a very conservative city if you compare it with Berkeley, CA or Madison, WI

I was referring to New York City, not New York State. There are regions in New York State that are indeed very conservative, but I have specified that NYC is a very liberal city.

CABAL said:
No. Advertisements is to persuade more buyers. It's a marketing tool. So therefore they usually do not contain political messages or ideologies. They only intend to attract customers.

Propaganda on the other hand follows the same concept of using different mediums as a tool of persuasion, but it intends to sway people ideologically and politically.

Can't see much of a difference: customer = voter

CABAL said:
I was referring to New York City, not New York State. There are regions in New York State that are indeed very conservative, but I have specified that NYC is a very liberal city.

Me, too. I just mistyped...I have meant New York City, not the state.
Remember, they prefer the Republican Mayors:)

What kind of liberals are they?:)

I live in Upstate NY, about 2 hours from the city by car, and we have a pretty nice mixture of liberals and conservatives. Political conversation never gets boring when your area is diverse.

Chief Bones, just for the record, a lot of the right-wing "propoganda" posted on these forums is not 100% either way for me. Some things I'm undecided on, others I agree with, others make no sense to me. I'd say I agree with about 60% of the stuff posted, despite officially being a "democrat" (though that categorization is pretty much wrong, I like different parts of different parties and philosophies equally).

Me, too. I just mistyped...I have meant New York City, not the state.
Remember, they prefer the Republican Mayors:smile:

What kind of liberals are they?:smile:

New York City does have a Republican Mayor, Mayor Bloomberg and Mayer Guliani before him. Both are Republicans but both are Moderate. Remember being a Liberal, Conservative, or Moderate does not necessarily define one's affiliation with Political Parties. Liberalism and Conservatism are ideologies, not political parties.

The state of New York elected two Democratic Senators, Senator Chuck Schumer and Senator Hillary Clinton who both appear to be more liberal.

Last edited:
Back