Will Israel and America ever fight side by side?

--

May 29th, 2006  
Easy-8

Topic: Will Israel and America ever fight side by side?

For over 60 years the USA and Israel have been close allies. However we have yet to fight a war in the middle east together to destroy a enemy. the IDF and US military have both proven time and time again they don't need anyones help to fight their enemies. However will Israel and the US ever unite as one army to destroy a enemy who threatens them both. It almost happened in the Gulf War. But will it ever happen?

Many muslims will view this a proof of a joint Zionist/American plot to destroy them. And anyone who thinks Israel will find a arab country willing to fight along side them willingly is a fool. So what are your thoughts. I consider it very possible in the case of Iran
May 29th, 2006  
Rabs

Quote:
For over 60 years the USA and Israel have been close allies. However we have yet to fight a war in the middle east together to destroy a enemy. the IDF and US military have both proven time and time again they don't need anyones help to fight their enemies. However will Israel and the US ever unite as one army to destroy a enemy who threatens them both. It almost happened in the Gulf War. But will it ever happen?

Many muslims will view this a proof of a joint Zionist/American plot to destroy them. And anyone who thinks Israel will find a arab country willing to fight along side them willingly is a fool. So what are your thoughts. I consider it very possible in the case of Iran
On Iran, I dont know. Would the us provide intel and support prolly, but the image of seeing Israeli and US squadrons on combat operations together would not improve our image in the arab world.

If anyone invaded Israel though and they needed our help, I doubt our current president would even hesitate before sending a MASSIVE U.S force to the region.

Actually saw an article not too long ago were the president actually said "If Israel is attacked the US will come to its aid."
May 30th, 2006  
moving0target

I really don't see the US and Israel taking the field together. Such an action would likely unite the entire Middle East against them. On the other side of the coin, I think the threat of a united US/Israeli coalition keeps Israel just about as save as their nukes.
--
May 30th, 2006  
Easy-8

I don't think everyone in the middle east will grab their AK and go after us. However I can see a great number of people joining the fight who otherwise would not. I know it would cause mass muslim outrage (probably bigger than before) but when we invaded Afghanistan/Iraq we did the same thing. It would probably cause some problems and could leave a bad mark on the USA's record in muslim eyes.
May 30th, 2006  
5.56X45mm

Israel and the United States of America. Both nations were born from bloodshed and both nations share the same ideals. FREEDOM.

I believe that the USA and Israel should work closer together. Our military forces should train together and if need be, fight together.

And if war comes with Iran, I would actually hope that the USA and Israel take care of that threat together.

The Middle East needs a rude wake-up call that Israel is not a nation or people to push over and that it is a friend of the USA.
May 30th, 2006  
gladius

Right now the US can't be seen as taking the field with Israel, the whole Muslim world will rise against us. This will be a unifying factor for them to do so, I think the US is smart enough to avoid this. No single Muslim country, or even a few countries allied can destroy Israel, but a fanaticaly led united Muslim empire may.

I can see the US and Israel uniting to fight happening someday, around 20 or so years form now. The US is no longer dependant on Middle East oil, and Israel is facing a United Muslim Empire bent on destroying it. Whether the US is in the same field or providing vital supplies and logistics through airlift remains to be seen.
May 30th, 2006  
Ted

I don't think it is very likely. The muslim allies of the US condone aid, but actual military operations...... that is an entire different song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy-8
I don't think everyone in the middle east will grab their AK and go after us.
You do read the newspaper I take it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56
The Middle East needs a rude wake-up call that Israel is not a nation or people to push over and that it is a friend of the USA.
Well the Middle Eastern nations have had three of those already. They are quite aware that the IDF needs to be taken serious!
May 30th, 2006  
mmarsh

I know many won't like this, but here goes...

Isreal might be our best ally in the ME, but that really isnt saying very much.

In the past 50 years Isreal has sold secret military and non military technology to hostile countries like China, it has but caught or has been implicated in at least 3 different spy rings within the US, and it has shown a willingness to stab friends in the back when it suited their interests. (I refer to the infamous case of the USS Liberty) which I refuse to believe was an accident. It also has a tendency to be a haven for criminals from both the US and Eastern Europe. Sometimes this is done without the Governments knowledge, sometimes not. Not to mention that Isreal has a foreign policy with its neighboors that is directly in contradiction to US (and other nations) interests. And all this as $11 Billion in US taxpayer dollars that gets sent to them annually. My question is what exactly do we (Americans) get out of this 'alliance'? Should we defend Isreal? It depends on the situation. But I dont think the US shouldn't be Isreal's b**** either. So far it seems like a very one sided relationship.

DISCLAMIER: My issue is with the policies of the Isreali government, not its people or the Jewish Religon. So don't even think about labelling me an anti-semite, similarily to any neo-nazis trolling about, dont think I am agreeing with your anti-semetic views because I criticize the Isreali Government. Make no mistake, I dont.
May 30th, 2006  
Easy-8

A joint US/Israel force taking the field is fairly possible in the case of Iran should war break out. I would really like to see Americans and Israelis take the field together. I think it would be a good thing to see as the history of both our countries share is very much alike. I pray that we march side by side in the case of Iran if war should come.

As for a united muslim empire. I doubt it will happen. But if it does it will get beaten back. I don't think our arab allies will turn against us however they will without doubt be extermely displeased... However the arabs might like the idea of Israel/US vs Iran. because it is their two worst enemies (Jews and Perisans) smashing away at each other. If I am not mistaken Jordan and Israel are now ALLIES that should tell you anything is possible.
May 30th, 2006  
WarMachine

Think outside of the mid east. What about pakistan and indonesia and africa? Would they like the USA to join forces with Israel, the political backlash would be pretty bad. The taliban would gain hordes of new recruits in afghanistan as a reaction to all of this. I'm no political analyst but i think it's safe to say that most of the muslim world does not like israel to say the least. That's not to say that an israeli/american dual strike is not possible, it would just occur under some very extrenuating circumstances.