Whats your Favorite MRE, C-RAT .. ETC ETC - Page 6

--
Boots

September 28th, 2004  
03USMC

Well you had to do something with the gum. If you tried to chew it you'd spend a couple days at dental.

Cocoa I used to make grunt moca with it Cocoa coffee and creamer .
September 28th, 2004  
Lil Hulk 1988

Did you ever get to go to Alpine Warrior in Mn and Alaska? THe Cold Weather rats were unique....had them while in Norway too during Northern Wedding/Bold Guard '86
September 28th, 2004  
03USMC

Camp Ripley Mn 20 miles from no where and cold as a witches .......Well you know. Never went to Norway though but I heard all "and there I was draggin the poke across a fjord when......" sea stories. The cold weather rats were indeed different.
--
Boots
September 28th, 2004  
Lil Hulk 1988

The eggs were horrible....the nuts and raisins were close to real and I like the granola bar....
September 28th, 2004  
LIPS

What the!!!!!!!!! No body likes to eat CRPs it is a matter of having too. So I dont and will not have a favourite ration pack menu as they are all crap. The MREs you guys are raving about are just as bad as our CRPs. Like I said its a matter of having to eat them not because you like them cos you dont have a choice.

YUCK,YUCK and more bloody YUCK
September 28th, 2004  
03USMC

Stand Down Digger. We , if you look at the posts from those of us who had to subsist on MRE's were not singing their praises. We were discussing which was the best if you hadto eat them. We were also smashing them pretty hard.

Hulk I thought the energy (granola bar) tasted like sawdust the Cold Ration were kinda forgetable course it's been almost 20 years. Wasn't there some kinda of concrete chocolate bar?
September 29th, 2004  
Lil Hulk 1988

The energy bar and granola bar ARE different (had to live on these things for awhile) Used to trade the "chocolate bar" to Newbies for their spaghetti, most took the bait at least once.....

And Scott it is a discussion of the hatred of eating these things over and over and over again for extended periods of time.

03, BTW: the drink powder wasn't bad in the LRP/MCW meal, just don't let it sit in a canteen cup, it corroded it horribly...
October 9th, 2005  
Topgunjn1

My favorite meal is the Chicken with Salsa meal! Mix in the mexican rice with the ckicken. Oh its sooo good.
October 20th, 2005  
BangorRamsJROTC

I really like the Sausage and Hash Browns in the Canadian IMP's

Nothing Beats a Flying Kitchen in the field.