What are your suggestions for dealing with Fallujah?

1. Give the residents a three day warning to get out of the city. after three days, ring the city with the contract defense personnel, and tell them they can have what escapes.

2. Get 50 B-52 Bombers, with the big belly modification and external store points.

2. Load these bombers with as much napalm and incinderarys as they can hold from a take off from bagdadh airport. lighten the gas load as needed.

4. Do a non stop carpet bomb of the area for seven solid days.

5. Allow the ruins to cool.

6. Allow the contractors to enter the town, and take care of the what remains.

Sounds like the german Lidice plan? yes it is. the only difference is im going to give those that heed the warning a fighting chance. Ill count on the pride of the idiots to stay.

Attack Plan of Falujah

Arg this is the thread I was looking for. How about leaving the titles up Redleg?

I've been thinking about this situation with Falujah (spl?). There are a couple of ways to go about it.

A

1) Surround the city with Artillery and Howitzers.

2) Allow women and children to leave city.

3) Demand surrender of key targets and militia. If they do not comply, start shelling the city.

4) Accept surrender given after 5 minutes of shelling.

B

1) Send a battalion of Marines into the city.

2) Besides scaring the *hit out of everyone, they totally dominate due to their superiority.

3) Once city is in control of US, occupy it the same way we occupied Germany and Japan. This way might have more casualties, but right now they (opposition) think the Americans are soft and if they kill a few of us we'll turn and run (as seen in Somalia). Its very misreprenting of the soldiers. If we went with Plan B, I'm confident any resolve they had to fight would be lost or greatly damaged.

yea I'm a little fired up now. Or pissed off. Now the hippies and anti-war crowd are going to attack the President and America instead of the Moslems who are the opposition. Even if they don't agree with the war, they should be behind their country and government. :cen:

Re: Attack Plan of Falujah

FutureRANGER said:
Arg this is the thread I was looking for. How about leaving the titles up Redleg?

cryhavoc "x"-ed out the titles and posts himself.

Oh. Can you make a title for the thread so other people can post? This is actually an interesting and worthwhile topic.

Plan A: Leave Iraq and make a government comprised of 60 percent Shiites, 40 percent Sunnis.

Plan B: Leave Iraq and give power back to Saddam.

So they can shoot and blow up our fellas at the check points? It isn't so black and white over there .. women and children are just as involved as the men.

Get the military out of the way and let Blackwater have at them...

"What Geneva convention, we're not part of the DoD... " :twisted:

Scortched earth.

In reply to Christos;

You forgot step number 2, which is totally abandon the people of Iraq and run away, making the sacrifices of the coalition troops worth absolutley nothing, and further strengthening the views of potential future opposition that Americans are cowards.

To RnderSafe:

I didn't think of that, I see you're point.

Re: Attack Plan of Falujah

FutureRANGER said:
I've been thinking about this situation with Falujah (spl?). There are a couple of ways to go about it.

A

1) Surround the city with Artillery and Howitzers.

3) Demand surrender of key targets and militia. If they do not comply, start shelling the city.

4) Accept surrender given after 5 minutes of shelling.

B

1) Send a battalion of Marines into the city.

2) Besides scaring the *hit out of everyone, they totally dominate due to their superiority.

3) Once city is in control of US, occupy it the same way we occupied Germany and Japan. This way might have more casualties, but right now they (opposition) think the Americans are soft and if they kill a few of us we'll turn and run (as seen in Somalia). Its very misreprenting of the soldiers. If we went with Plan B, I'm confident any resolve they had to fight would be lost or greatly damaged.

yea I'm a little fired up now. Or pissed off. Now the hippies and anti-war crowd are going to attack the President and America instead of the Moslems who are the opposition. Even if they don't agree with the war, they should be behind their country and government. :cen:

I don't think that this would work....
If the US would destroy a whole city all, this would be the thing those muslimic fanatics where waiting for. All the young patriotic Iraquis would join the terroristic organisations and "Falujah" would crawl over the whole Iraq.
You dont have key targets in Falujah you have just some idiots with guns and bombs spread over the whole city......
Look how the third reich army reacted against the guerilla tactics on balkan. They wiped out whole villages and for every killed german soldier 100 people where shot...the result was, that more and more people joined the guerillas...

i would have to say search the city then if something not there what there looking for bomb the city and all the iraqi people can goto baghdad

Haha good one.

In recent developments in Falujah-

And, on the one-year anniversary of the fall of Baghdad, the U.S. military also announced it was retaking control of Kut, the southern Iraqi city held for several days by the militia of anti-American radical Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr (search).

That news came as the U.S. military announced that one soldier and an Iraqi driver were killed Friday when insurgents hit a fuel convoy on the western edge of Baghdad. A second soldier was killed in an attack using roadside bombs and small arms at Camp Cook, a U.S. base in northern Baghdad, the military said.

The suspension of military offensive actions was initiated by U.S. forces to allow for talks between all parties and to allow the residents of Fallujah to bury the dead and tend to the injured.

At least 450 Iraqis were killed and more than 1,000 wounded in fighting in the city of Fallujah this week, hospital officials said. The U.S. death toll across Iraq this week has reached 46.

At least 643 U.S. soldiers have died in Iraq since the war began in March 2003.

"As of noon today coalition forces have initiated a unilateral suspension of offensive operations in Fallujah to allow for a meeting between members of the Governing Council, local Muslim leadership and the leadership of anti-coalition forces," the top U.S. civilian administrator, L. Paul Bremer, said Friday.

The coalition was also letting women and children out of the city, but men of military age were to remain. But while the formal suspension was ongoing, U.S. forces were still coming under insurgent fire, so they returned it.

"Should these discussions break down, the coalition military forces are prepared to go back on the offense in military operations," Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt, deputy head of operations in Iraq, said during the press conference. "At no time ... do soldiers forfeit their inherent right to defense ... if fired upon, they will fire back."

The insurgents launched more attacks after the suspension announcement, Los Angeles Times reporter Tony Perry told Fox News from Fallujah. The camp he was in came under mortar and small-arms fire, he said, "to a greater degree in those hours after that announcement than it had been in the previous week."

"If it was temporarily suspended it was one of the most temporary suspensions you can ever imagine," Perry said. "Fighting has continued all day because there's only really one party willing to agree to suspend offensive operation — that of course is the Marines."

He added that the Marines are engaging insurgents in Fallujah "effectively — defensively when the insurgents violate 7 p.m. curfew." Insurgents also attacked a humanitarian convoy, Perry said.

Looks like just about all of us got some part of it right. I still want to see that artillery :twisted: .

Ademdum: One thing that stood out to me was the kill ratio. 10:1, not counting casulaties. Thats amazing. But its that 1 we don't want to lose. :?

What i would do, initially dominate the ground with air superiority (longbows). Set a curfew for the city, (will get most innocents out the way). Divide the city between coalition, foot patrols, riot sections on standby. Obviously there will be casualtys as this is FIBUA. Also starting with a deterrent with say putting UK Paras on foot patrol to initially deter any violence and to crush and destroy any uprising.

another thing - when i say "foot patrols" i mean mech and armoured infantry, with armour units on call (gotta be the challenger 2 MBT because the abrams is suceptable to RPGs which will be used heavily)

Ben said:
because the abrams is suceptable to RPGs which will be used heavily)

How do you figure on that one?
Basically, what you've described is what our Marines already did, before the cessation of combat operations in the city yesterday to allow for the delivery of humanitarian aid.

As far as intimidation by reputation, as well as by action, I believe our Marine Corps has that well in hand, They have the reputation across the globe as being some of the best and most tenacious fighters in the world. To paraphrase one of the ex-military analysts I saw on the news yesterday, the deaths of some of our men in Fallujah will only make the Marines fight harder and the enemy body count rise.

Redneck said:
Ben said:
because the abrams is suceptable to RPGs which will be used heavily)

How do you figure on that one?

Because an abrams was the only tank casualty to enemy fire where an rpg actually managed to penetrate the armour, where the challenger 2 manages to deflect the (so far)

Basically, what you've described is what our Marines already did,

Didn't know about that one mate.

As far as intimidation by reputation, as well as by action, I believe our Marine Corps has that well in hand, They have the reputation across the globe as being some of the best and most tenacious fighters in the world.

Well, not really. When it comes to reputation i would argue that, as i said, the paras or the gurkhas have a much stronger and more respected reputation, especially when they are considered to be better soldiers than delta, even though they are not on paper SF.

Back