What is your favorite firearm? #2 - Page 18

--

July 21st, 2010  
Tucker

i gotta say i have no military experience but if i had to use anything id use the m4 carbine. i don't really want anything flashy, just something reliable and accurate .
July 21st, 2010  
A Can of Man

Did you just use M4 and reliable in the same sentence?
Actually the one I got to use wasn't bad but wasn't exactly the most reliable thing in the world either.
July 21st, 2010  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Can of Man
Did you just use M4 and reliable in the same sentence?
Actually the one I got to use wasn't bad but wasn't exactly the most reliable thing in the world either.
Never had a problem with mine.
--
July 22nd, 2010  
KJ

I did with the one I tried, but that was when I was a pup and used to my 5 shooting nomatter how beat up it got.
Did trials in sub arctic terrain... Not very reliable at 40 deg C below.
July 22nd, 2010  
A Can of Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ
I did with the one I tried, but that was when I was a pup and used to my 5 shooting nomatter how beat up it got.
Yeah I guess I was pretty spoiled with my rifle as well.
July 23rd, 2010  
03USMC

The M16/AR15 family of rifles and carbines has to be maintained, because quite frankly it's operating system craps where it eats and if the carbon is allowed to build up you will have problems. The newer commerical models using the gas impingement systems are better.
July 24th, 2010  
Yossarian

S&W No.3 Russian Model, with the tell tale trigger guard extension. That and maybe Winchester 1873 replica, love working the lever action.
July 24th, 2010  
Airman814

I loved the M240B. The one I got to shoot my first go around sucked.. The cover kept popping open, so I had to hold it down with my left hand, and just walked my rounds into the target, so I did get to go rambo with it for a while. I was not a fan of the sites though. So I have to say my favorite weapon I shot so far is the M249 AR. I love the line up of the irons. It felt very comfortable to me, and just on with every burst of fire I put down range.

I was most suprised by the M203s, I only shot chalk rounds but I loved watching them go out like a baseball.
July 25th, 2010  
03USMC

Become a professional machine gunner and you'll understand that all crew serves have issues.
July 29th, 2010  
Noah

M40E3 Sniper Rifle