what is your favorite car (non truck) - Page 3

--
Boots

March 6th, 2004  
Mark Conley

My favorite all time car was the 1971 Honda Civic Station wagon with the CVCC 1.5 liter engine...Looks plus fuel economy

My Favorite car now...is my 2000 Daewoo Lanos. Its a rice burner...with a freaking attitude.
March 6th, 2004  
Redneck

I've never heard of that vehicle before. Is Daewoo the company or is Lanos?
March 6th, 2004  
Mark Conley

Daewoo is the company, based in Korea. GM took them over, and now they dont make these particular models anymore Lanos is the model, mine is the three door hatchback. Mine is really well built and has had no problems so far: as the takeover by GM started, the cars really got worse and developed a bad rep.

When you take the govenor off the fuel pump...its possible to go 130 mile per hour substained. I know this, because i got a chance to drive the cars for about four months in Italy before i bought one in the states...but when i attempted to drive it like that in US...the darn car shut down at 100 MPH because of the fuel pump govenor. That was a nasty and unexpected trick..

Its just as well...i cant afford the tickets here anyway :P
--
Boots
March 6th, 2004  
Redneck

Heck, I got my F350 up to 100 mph (my speedometer doesn't go that high, but my buddy was trailing me and his does) ounear Portola where they got this pretty good straight slope that goes for about 5 or 6 miles. Yeeha for gravity.
March 7th, 2004  
dragon_master_gunner

I'm on my second Mustang GT, so I will have to go with that.

But the new (2005) model due in September is just plain UGLY. I like the front, but the back looks like an Audi TT. Horrible car.
March 14th, 2004  
Jamoni

Have you seen the new mustang mach1? SWEEEEEEET!
But my vote has to go with the volkswagen beetle (and derivatives thereof). Cheap, simple, fun, easy to work on, and chicks dig it. So it's slow? so what? Just put on some bored out sleeves/new pistons, some performance heads, an open exhaust, a performance ignition, and twin weber carbs. You'll be doing 70mph in no time!
March 14th, 2004  
Guardsman_Ca

I had a 69 Chevy Impala with a 327 motor 8)
as for Imports pfffffft I want REAL STEEL around me not a bunch of RECYCLED BEER cans..
April 21st, 2004  
hc^patonki

Isotta fraschini tipo 8b.
April 21st, 2004  
Jtf2

Mercedez SLR-meclaren
April 21st, 2004  
panzer

96 Impala SS..............sweet car.