What do you think-

battery

What do you think would happen if the U.S. decided to leave all foreign nations? I'm quite sick of this "Americans are meddlers" attitude. Do you think the world would be a better place without U.S. interfearing? What kind of consequences would happen? Could we maintain a strong lead in world affairs from the comfort of our own land?

battery said:
What do you think would happen if the U.S. decided to leave all foreign nations? I'm quite sick of this "Americans are meddlers" attitude. Do you think the world would be a better place without U.S. interfearing? What kind of consequences would happen? Could we maintain a strong lead in world affairs from the comfort of our own land?

without US, most places in the world will become nightmare, including india vs pak, China vs Tw
not even mentioning middle east

US foreigen policy WAS basically correct and did as "great power means great responsiblity" and also did as "US consume 90% of the fortune in the world"

BUT, after 911, US foreign policy has become complete disaster to the world, WORLD Is much better without current US unless it Mod edit: Watch yourself, chief.

THis thread is gonna go down hill from here. I think the U.S. has done a lot of good for the world, like Samolia, Afghanistan, and yes, IRAQ! There have been some times, where they have poked there nose in where they don't belong as well.

sorry,I need to correct my previous post:

not after 911, instead, before 911, it happened already. From the moment Bush stole the presidency, from the moment he withdraw the environment treaty signed in Tokyo........The world was just stunned by that.

You are correct isolationism does not work. That said I'm all for withdrawing from peacekeeping missions where our troops die for ungrateful nations and are decried by the "citizens" at home.
For about a year. Then lets see if the rest of the world wants us to "meddle".

USA shall NOT and can NOT be isolationism

1) USA canNOT be isolationism: USA benefit for himself is world-wide, overall, USA get the cheapest resources from the world and export most expensive stuff to the world, USA dominant world affairs thus can make sure to maximize its own benefit, USA make rules in 99% of the all world-wide organizations, that is matter of the fact. It comes from the power of USA and feed back to maintain power of USA.

2) USA shall not be isolationism: USA use more than 70% of the energy resources and share more than 90% of the fortune of the world, it is USA nature-born responsibility to feed back to the world, including increase the effinicy of energy usage, including push democracy to the world (BUT becareful, do it by examples, not by WAR), including protecting earth from pollution.

I am an internationlism person, after British killed people and burned houses around the world in 19th centry, American, have involved in a much higher advanced way to globalize this world. In fact, after cold war, it was perfect chance for US to push human untilize UN to setup "world government" by setting up examples such as encouraging free market, encourage human right....etc. by doing it in a positve way. Yeah, UN is not perfect, but it is making huge prograss in many aspects

Unfortunately, the "preemptive" started by Bush just bury the possibility at all, it turns the world around and make it run on the "back-way" track, all the way back to 19th century when the rule was: who get bigger muscle, who win.

When next super power comes on the way, no chance to setup this "global government" anymore. next head-to-head cold war or warm war is just certain.

Hey Whosewar.
Ya can't have it both ways buddy. Pick a side any side but pick one, and get off the fence.

Whoeswar

Before I jump on your case for your terrible terrible usage of words, are you a native English speaker? If not, I'll leave it alone. If you are, please, learn to speak properly.

Secondly, we cannot be involved in the world, and world issues, and never be involved in war. 03USMC told you to get off the fence....I don't see you on the fence as much as your not understanding, in the least, the intricacies of world affairs.

I did read your post about the USA "meddling". If we stopped meddling, as you put it, at this time, the worlds economic structure would come crashing in. It's all to intertwined for there to ever be the possibility of our be isolationists.

On the subject of isolationism, there is a part of me that would love to see our take the stance of worrying about us, screw the rest of them. Especially when I have to listen to the anti-American rhetoric. So much of the world sucks at us like leeches, then wants to complain about us and everything we are. Sort of like living in a dysfunctional family!

Just be honest, USA is both a good guy and a bad guy like all guys or countries are like. A coin has always 2 sides.

Courtenay said:
Whoeswar

Before I jump on your case for your terrible terrible usage of words, are you a native English speaker? If not, I'll leave it alone. If you are, please, learn to speak properly.

Secondly, we cannot be involved in the world, and world issues, and never be involved in war. 03USMC told you to get off the fence....I don't see you on the fence as much as your not understanding, in the least, the intricacies of world affairs.

I did read your post about the USA "meddling". If we stopped meddling, as you put it, at this time, the worlds economic structure would come crashing in. It's all to intertwined for there to ever be the possibility of our be isolationists.

On the subject of isolationism, there is a part of me that would love to see our take the stance of worrying about us, screw the rest of them. Especially when I have to listen to the anti-American rhetoric. So much of the world sucks at us like leeches, then wants to complain about us and everything we are. Sort of like living in a dysfunctional family!

read my previous post, you will understand me better.

No one really wanted to sign that treaty. They just knew the Americans wouldn't sign it anyway so everyone signed it, knowing it'd fail when it came to America's signing turn so America could get the blame for it.
Diplomatic brilliance really.
And he never stole the presidency. You know that the states themselves have the power to vote so when the popular vote is very close, these state votes start to have a big significance. Usually when the popular vote is straight forward, it doesn't really have an effect.

whosewar2000 said:
sorry,I need to correct my previous post:

not after 911, instead, before 911, it happened already. From the moment Bush stole the presidency, from the moment he withdraw the environment treaty signed in Tokyo........The world was just stunned by that.

by the way, no one can be isolationist.
the most secluded country tried isolationism and at its best could only pretend it.

The problem with america withdrawing into itself would be felt world wide, the militar being in europe and asia has created jobs around the military bases, and if american companies withdrew then every country in the world would feel the effects (yes whosewar even china!!), The problem i have with american foreign policy is that it is very self-centred and is unfeeling of other countries, it uses its military and economic strength to push countries into actions that benefits itself (thats my opinion, feel free to agree and disagree with it!)

It's America's way of doing things. Don't really blame them, they do it to each other like crazy.
It's like a foreigner going to Germany and mistaking that he's surrounded by millions of racists. Don't take it personally, they're just like that to each other too!
It's a two way thing really. Americans ignore the local cultural approach to doing business and the local element are also ignorant about American culture in doing business. So they work against each other.

So yes I do agree with you. But I elaborated on it.

the_13th_redneck said:
It's America's way of doing things. Don't really blame them, they do it to each other like crazy.

There are lots knowledgable and friendly American over there, donot think your thought of "doing business" can represent every American.

I have lots American friends showing open-mind and responsibility for the world.
The more you know, the more you feel you are igorant, the more you feel humble and the more you feel responsible for the world from your action. (I am not saying you)

Yeah there are lots of americans who are very friendly. My beliefs are based on the acts of a few and it is very unfair for me to put all americans under the same roof. But the few are also the most powerful and the most influential making it look epescially, considering american foreign policies during the iraq war that americans are like that in general. It is only america politics abroad and those people who create/implement it that i have a problem with not american people generally.

EDIT: it might read a little bit better now

Shadowalker said:
Yeah there are lots of americans who are very friendly, my beliefs are based on the acts of a few and im it is very unfair for me to put all americans under the same roof, but the few are also the most powerful and the most influential making it look epescially considering american foreign policies during the iraq war that americans are like that in general, but it is only america politics abroad and those people who create/implement it that i have a problem with not american people generally.

that is really long sentence, I almost run out of my air :lol:

I say **** em. If they want to ***** about how bad it is and ask for our help then complain about the manenr in which we help they dont deserve our aid.

Back