Mountains 2 4.08%
Plains/ flat land 0 0%
Sea/beaches 0 0%
Jungle 13 26.53%
Other 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

October 31st, 2004  
A Can of Man
I've usually been good with the cold... though machines breaking down would be a huge problem.
HEAT. Now there's something that drives me nuts. Heat and humidity. Sucks the life out of everything. And in the desert you won't get water, you won't have anything. You won't find any cover or concealment. So if you're any other army other than the US Army you are screwed.
October 31st, 2004  
Well in the cold you can prepare yourself. You can wear 5 layers of clothing then take off a layer if you get hot, weapons will be prepped for that kind of weather. Now say if your in Afganistan where its 110 degrees in the shade you cant take off your bullet proof vest and so on. I'm from the midwest, me and extreme heat dont mix well.
October 31st, 2004  
A Can of Man
I lived in the tropics and spent a good deal of time in the rainforest... misery is running at 4pm during the rainy season.
Tropics... it's just where everything stops working and starts decomposing. I said desert though. But jungles might actually be worse looking back. Not to mention disease in the swampy bits.
OHh wait a minute! That reminds me of Dien Bien Phu. It's a swamp, it's surrounded by jungle, it's in the low lands in a place that floods. Brilliant choice of a defensive position
October 31st, 2004  
Originally Posted by Doc.S
Artic and winter because I canīt tell if it would be worse in Deserts because there I have never been so I say winter.

I hate deep snow in combination of sleetsnow storms and drastic dropping temperatures, you get soaky wet of sweat and sleetsnow then you get cold like a snowman and your equipment just drag you deeper and deeper down in the snow to your waist and then a invisible ditch with thin ice and you get wet all up to your thighbones.

I really hate the winter. Out there you only wish that could make a visit with his reindeers and a barrel of hot wine punch.

Winter rules, i just cant wait for the frist snow, lucky Redleg..
October 31st, 2004  
I voted other, I trained at Fort Polk, LA in the late 60's for Jungle, trained in the Mojave Desert at Hunter Liggett, 29 Plams, and Camp Roberts CA.. I trained in Europe for my Artic Cold Weather and they are all have their points of dislikes. I think the worse of the three is the Artic, love Combat in the Cities, only was in winter as well.

October 31st, 2004  
A Can of Man
You like combat in cities? That's the place you're most likely to get killed.
October 31st, 2004  
In the S.E.Asia where it is SO heat and humidity so high and everywhere on your body water, you would like to put a rope on ur neck if must wear Uniform and carry 20 kilo weapons there and being afraid of being killed by enemy.

Winter is lux compared to high temperature South Asia.

U compare which one you prefer:

October 31st, 2004  
silent driller
I say jungle. Even though it's nearly impossible for your enemy to see you, it's just as hard for you to see him. In my opinion, this makes for quite a frustrating situation.
October 31st, 2004  
Arctic/high terrain and jungle.
November 1st, 2004  
Its a trick question when you think about it.

Any combat sucks, so they're all the toughest.