The War on Terror

--

October 18th, 2004  
Bratwurst

Topic: The War on Terror

What (military) actions should be taken in the present and future?
Where do you see the key problems?
Can it be won? How can we win it?

I'm very interested in your opinions...
October 18th, 2004  
A Can of Man

This is the ultimate way to win the war on terror:

1) Invent an alternative fuel source that can be mass produced without the help of petroleum and can be made from materials accessable from non-middle eastern sources.

2) Isolate the middle east. Don't allow travel there, don't allow people to come from those countries. Let them mess about with themselves.

They can shout, blow up, and have no economy all they want and it won't affect any one of us.

Anyways I see the first as the key here. Just make the Middle East insignificant and if possible, help keep the environment clean while at it.
October 19th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

If all top world powers are united in this war, then we can win it, otherwise no hope.

Then how to get the world powers united? Too difficult, since USA is too selfish about its own interests and often damages other's interests.
--
October 19th, 2004  
SFC

It will really make no difference as to which countries unite, in fact all the countries can unite there will always be a group who disagrees and will try and destroy relationship.

To win over the terrorist organization, first they need to be indentified them, second they are too cowardly to show themselves, and last just who are they and which country do we look at first.

SFC
October 19th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I seriously believe in order to win, the Middle East must become as insignificant in terms of resources as the Sahara Desert.
Invent the oil alternative.
October 19th, 2004  
jcROAT

Topic: Keep it simple

Terrorism started getting profitable when the rest of the world forced Israel to negotiate with terrorist. The only way to win the war on terrorism is not make terrorism profitable. To keep it on the simple side, KILL THEM, DO NOT TALK WITH THEM!
October 19th, 2004  
Courtenay

Topic: Re: Keep it simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcROAT
The only way to win the war on terrorism is not make terrorism profitable. To keep it on the simple side, KILL THEM, DO NOT TALK WITH THEM!
I truly wish there were some way to make those who are soft and sympathetic understand this.

You can only negotiate with people who are sane and reasonable. The very designation of "terrorist" should enlighten people to the idea that they cannot be reasoned with!

BTW, I am sure it is obvious from my sig-line that I have read your book Mr. Roat....and I am a big fan!
October 19th, 2004  
rOk

Ahem...I think the Israeli "invented" terrorism. Back in the late 40's or early 50's while trying to kick out the Brits from what is now Israel.

The Arabs just picked up the bat and started running.
As always...just my 2 cents, not trying to blame anyone, just trying to point that it always takes two to dance...
October 19th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Quote:
Ahem...I think the Israeli "invented" terrorism. Back in the late 40's or early 50's while trying to kick out the Brits from what is now Israel.

The Arabs just picked up the bat and started running.
As always...just my 2 cents, not trying to blame anyone, just trying to point that it always takes two to dance...

Well, next time you put in your 2 cents, make sure they are accurate.

Terror was certinly not invented by the Jewish-Palestinians, it was used before in other conflicts. The Jewish underground actions were usually against military targets, aside from the more extreme groups. However by no means did we invent terror....It was there long before. The Arabs actually attacked Jews in Israel using terror before any Jewish military organization was formed....As to

Quote:
KILL THEM, DO NOT TALK WITH THEM!

Well, that is true for the terrorists them selves. But you must talk with the civilians around and gain their support, or the terror will never stop.

Quote:
If all top world powers are united in this war, then we can win it, otherwise no hope.

Then how to get the world powers united? Too difficult, since USA is too selfish about its own interests and often damages other's interests.
Oh, and China is the land of truth and justice? Cut off the attitude, we are all too smart to swallow it. All major powers have their own intrests infront of them when they make decisions.

and last but not least:
Quote:
They can shout, blow up, and have no economy all they want and it won't affect any one of us.
LOL...Yeah, humiliating people and making them poor always dose the job....I mean look at Germany in 1919...Dident that work just fine?

My solution:

1- Make all efforts to advance the Muslim and Middle Eastern countrys both economcally and Socially.

2-Make sue that govronments that support terror pay for it.

3-Kill any terrorist you can.
October 19th, 2004  
A Can of Man

lol Flying Frog does like to believe that China is the land of truth and justice don't he? I was young but I think I still remember armored vehicles squashing student protestors at Tianmen square.

Anyways...
The word "Terrorist" was first coined during the French Revolution I think. But I have a hard time believing terrorism was never before carried out.