View of Brits - Page 13

--

July 10th, 2004  
England Expects (RAF Cdt)

Aussie John, we've got that one sorted.

Italien Guy, thanks for the rendition of 'God Save the Queen', It's good to see someone of another nationality searching for the words.
July 10th, 2004  
Is that you John Wayne.

I admire many armed forces in the world but without being biased i admire the brits the most. I simple believe that their history accounts for quite a bit, and as they are one of the most respected and fierce fighting armies in the world it gives them the edge over the rest. I would say that other have a similar history but they are not as respected today.
July 11th, 2004  
Shadowalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiejohn
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker
the governent is looking to the US to provide the equipment now! the cuts will be reducing our forces down to the levels of a second rate military countries! i dont see how they expect to be able to send our troops around the world to fight there wars when they are making the forces even smaller! if there are any more major wars i cant see how we can send any creditable force!
Don't worry,

The Brits should do what the Australian Government does by keeping very cosy with George W.
And what happens if america doesnt want to get involved! Then were screwed as we wont have the equipment!
--
July 11th, 2004  
Qwertyuiop

I give a lot of repsect to the British military. They are certainly one of the best trained militaries out there. However, I dont like the general attitude of the British Military. When ever I have been around them, granted not a lot but...., I always get the feeling they think they are above everyone else.

Either way, I would gladly fight next to a member for the British Army.
July 13th, 2004  
Young Winston

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiejohn
Quote:
the governent is looking to the US to provide the equipment now! the cuts will be reducing our forces down to the levels of a second rate military countries! i dont see how they expect to be able to send our troops around the world to fight there wars when they are making the forces even smaller! if there are any more major wars i cant see how we can send any creditable force!
Don't worry,

The Brits should do what the Australian Government does by keeping very cosy with George W.
And what happens if america doesnt want to get involved! Then were screwed as we wont have the equipment!
Yep, you're screwed. Aussie Government has increased military spending. There is a proposal to have US training facilities set up in Queensland. We are getting involved with the missle shield defence program with the US. Johnny Howard is trying to make us feel very secure! Any way this stuff is off the topic.
July 13th, 2004  
SAINT

8) Brits are good... my great grandfather was a Brit.. 1903 when my grandfather was born by a Chinese (Cantonese) mother.

''What king, going to make war against another king, does not sit down first and consider whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand? Or else, while the other is still a great way off, he sends a delegation and asks conditions of peace.'' Jesus of Nazareth, founder of Christianity, 1st century AD
September 6th, 2004  
Jason Bourne

I am American but I love my British brothers, after some time in the USMC I will go serve in the British Royal Marines for a couple of years.
September 6th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bourne
I am American but I love my British brothers, after some time in the USMC I will go serve in the British Royal Marines for a couple of years.
Not unless you plan on waiting several years for citizenship and giving up your US citizenship.
September 6th, 2004  
Jason Bourne

Well a British Marine down at the MCL said that if i am good enough I can get into an exchange program and go serve with the British Marines becoming one of them, while one of them joins our ranks, but he said you had to be handpicked so I guess i will just triple my effort.
September 6th, 2004  
bush musketeer

Topic: back

have not been on for a while so i've missed a fair bit of debating
hey big z when i said that "wars are lost by troops not journalists" i think i could of phrased it a lot better. and it has been known for sides to win the marjority of battles but still not achieve there main goal /win wars or however you want to word it in the past. no offense was meant.
as far as being usa's second best freind as someone wrote i thought that was the british?