View of Brits - Page 11

--

June 24th, 2004  
Big_Z

bush musketeer - Sorry if i'm wrong i was sure i seen or read that but i might be wrong. As for ww2 your wrong. The Uboats single handily wiped your naval power of hundreds of years off the map. There was nothing you could do. Nor us at the start. But at the end we started to wipe them out with ease. Don't misunderstand i like the brits allot... I just hate when they pull some shit saying how great they are and how americans aren't. We are the most powerful military in the world.. But the brits help us in allot of ways and have even adopted their selfs to pick up for our weaknesses. Which i'm glad of because together i doubt any amount of countries could stop us. I just noticed your an astriallian bush musketeer But anything said can pretty much apply to you as well since your America's second best friend
June 24th, 2004  
devmim

The Brit army has the NepalĄŻs Gurkhas to compose a few of troops who are brave and loyal. It is said that they performed very well in the war of Malvinas islands (Falkland).
June 24th, 2004  
Big_Z

"wars ar lost by troops not journalists" To this response i suggest you do some research. Americans AND Australians fought in this war.....
If you look at the numbers you'll see we easily beat them. Pretty much every battle was won. The American civilians wanted us out and our government caved in. American soldiers were spit on as they came home being called baby killers. Please don't disrespect either of our nations troops by saying they lost the war because trust me they didn't..... If anything they proved how elite they were by adapting to the enemies turf which they had never fought on that type of terrain before. The kill to death ratio was AT LEAST 5 to 1 for our troops to theirs and thats being extremely conservative.
--
June 24th, 2004  
England Expects (RAF Cdt)

Devmim, the Gurkas performed extremely well in the Falklands War, I recently attended a presentation by the Gurkas and was impressed to say the least. Having said that though, the whole of the British Armed Forces performed well.
BigZ, I'm not too sure why you're so aggravated with the British having a bad time during the wars. Don't forget that during the second world war, we were standing alone against a much larger German opposition. Our people weren't starving, the convoys from America kept Britain nourished even though much of it was rationed.
'Slaughtered like Pigs', I think this is perhaps a harsh representation of the hundreds of thousands of soldiers who died trying to protect their allies' country from invasion and the thousands more innocent civilians who were killed during the bombing on British cities. By the time America entered the War, Britain was not as you describe. She was not basically defeated, the RAF had annhilated the Luftwaffe, Allied forces now had air superiority. Don't also forget the battle of El Alamein , the British army was hardly defeated there. Neither did the U-Boats destroy our Naval capability. At first, The Royal Navy (and other commonwealth vessels inculding ships from our friends the Australiens) were vulnerable from attack from U-Boats, as Britain's survival depended on the convoys, new tecniques were discovered in anti-submarine warfare. The German 'Happy Days' were over and many of the German surface fleet had been sunk or were sunk soon. The reason the RN is no longer the force it once was, is due to Government defense cuts. Self-dtermination was introduced and the colonies and Empire was disbanded, the Naval fleet and Army no longer had to be as powerful.
As for being Americans with a wierd accent, don't patronise us, we have our own history and traditions, we respect your heritage and we value the friendship between our nations but we're two completely different nationalities. If we are Americans with wierd accents shouldn't the English language be called American?
June 24th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Hey whats the need for arguing here ? Annoying.
June 24th, 2004  
England Expects (RAF Cdt)

Italien Guy I know what you mean but Bush Musketeer and myself feel as though BigZ is discounting British and Commonwealth veterans and those who died.
June 24th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Zack's view is wrong.
And you guys, now listen up:

There is nothing as bad as Americans and Brits trying to assert which one is better and mutually accusing themselves.

A bit of style, for Pit's sake.
June 25th, 2004  
Redneck

Ok, this is the final warning before this thread is closed. Keep it civil, you are free to disagree but refrain from namecalling and antagonistic language, there is no need for that and it serves no purpose whatsoever. If you make any claims about, well, anything, you need to provide sources for your figures and facts, saying "I heard it from my brother-in-law's niece's ex-boyfriend" doesn't cut it.

If someone is failing to abide by these rules, please do not respond or react to them, as hard as that may be, but instead inform one of the moderators or the administrator and we will take care of the problem.
June 25th, 2004  
Big_Z

I might be wrong but i still think brits are insanely arrogant. You are so blind you couldnt even see some of the friendly things im saying. Just let me point out you dont see any "What do you think of Americans" thread. Thats why i come off as such an ******* to you. The brits are like American fighter pilots. They never shut up. I spent allot of my early years on military bases and i honestly never knew we had the worlds most powerful military. Our troops dont sit around a table praising themselfs swearing they are the greatest soldiers that have ever lived.
June 25th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Z
I might be wrong but i still think brits are insanely arrogant. You are so blind you couldnt even see some of the friendly things im saying. Just let me point out you dont see any "What do you think of Americans" thread. Thats why i come off as such an ******* to you. The brits are like American fighter pilots. They never shut up.
Adjust fire on the attitude or you are gone.