US torturing terror suspects? - Page 5

--

December 30th, 2004  
Jason Bourne

you can't just go kill them because you won't get them all, you have to make them give up their allies so that you can find them and put them to the sword, or gun, or bomb, or bare hands, whatever weapon you have available.
December 30th, 2004  
03USMC

I disagree. If knockin the tar out of one Terrorist gets you information to save one innocent. It is well worth your skinned knuckles.
December 30th, 2004  
Jason Bourne

Quote:
I disagree. If knockin the tar out of one Terrorist gets you information to save one innocent. It is well worth your skinned knuckles.

and ususally many more lives are saved rather then just one, when a terrorist talks through pain he pills his guts and then you can save numerous lives
--
December 30th, 2004  
r031Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Israel is an example of how the fundamentalists work.
Yeah the run of the mill suicide bomber may come from the lower class and be disgruntled. But who is financing it . Money men like Bin Laden who have made up their minds that they are the Mahdi. Cause you darn sure can't buy symtex with goats.
That would be why I mentioned the upperclasses that don't have much to do. Honestly, terrorism needs to be destroyed by stability. Torturing a suspect adds fuel to the fire and threatens Stability. Once a nation is stable; people are working and they don't have time for holy wars, the boss wantes them in at 8 and the kids need to get new shoes.
December 30th, 2004  
Jason Bourne

which is why you don't let it go public , you don't tell everyone that your getting info from a terrorist by force, cause then the ACfaggetLU won't get off your damn back
December 30th, 2004  
r031Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bourne
which is why you don't let it go public , you don't tell everyone that your getting info from a terrorist by force, cause then the ACfaggetLU won't get off your damn back
We live in an age where the media has access to everything, and people know what's going on; Saddam never publically tortured anybody; but Iraqi's knew what was going on.
December 31st, 2004  
Jason Bourne

he publicly executed people, still we need to keep a tighter wrap on our media, John Walsh was talking about before too, he said that no other country can you turn on the tv and see the police about to raid your house so that you can get a heads up but in America you can, cause the medai don't take no for an answer
December 31st, 2004  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by r031Button
That would be why I mentioned the upperclasses that don't have much to do. Honestly, terrorism needs to be destroyed by stability. Torturing a suspect adds fuel to the fire and threatens Stability. Once a nation is stable; people are working and they don't have time for holy wars, the boss wantes them in at 8 and the kids need to get new shoes.

But how do you induce stability without destroying the destabilizing factor.The terrorists fight against any attempt to stabilize the societies, because it does not fit into their agenda.
December 31st, 2004  
Jason Bourne

nothing fits into their agenda except beheading americans and blowing themselvves up
December 31st, 2004  
r031Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Bourne
nothing fits into their agenda except beheading americans and blowing themselvves up
by definition a terrorist is somebdy using violence for ideological reasons.

Honeslty, I'm sure they're a whole branch of some university filled with people smarter then I am answering that question. All I have to say is that you need to avoid distablizing the enviroment by doing things like tortuing captives.