understanding between china and india




 
--
Boots
 
February 16th, 2005  
Sexybeast
 

Topic: understanding between china and india


too many flaming posts between china and india happened in last few days.

we should not blame either side as they just try to defend their own country, but rather, sometimes nationalism overuns our conscience..

india and china, although many conflicts in the past, are quiet similiar in some way...

they are all significant economic booming power, they all face problems of large populations, they all have some lands being seperated from their countires in their opinions...and they all try their best to improve their military.

just hope no more flaming posts about comparision between india and china, cuz no one will win in this argument as no one will give up on their faith for their country,

but rather, this generation of chinese and indians should think more about peace , about building their countries, catching up the western world and creating a multi-superpower world....a balanced world

right?
February 16th, 2005  
godofthunder9010
 
 
Well, I am not from either nation but I think it is obvious that the best medicine is for everyone involved to:
1.) Add some realism to their swelling national pride - no nation is perfect and all nations have problems. Someone else pointing out a possible problem with your country should not be taken as a personal insult. Constant praise for how much better you nation is - that's just asking for a flame war.
2.) Make a point of not citing examples unless they are well established facts. (Examples: A good statement of fact - Japan and Germany committed numerous horrible warcrimes against humanity in World War II. A bad statement would be - No member of the PLA has ever committed a warcrime of any kind at any time. The first can easily be verified from many independent sources. The second can't.)
3.) Never be one dimensional in you thinking. If you cannot have an open mind about any specific topic or opinion and are offended the moment anybody brings them up, then the problem lies with you. An excellent example: "All the world does not adore and praise the United States of America and the USA does not always do the right thing." If an American is unwilling to accept that statement then he or she is letting nationalistic pride overrule common sense.
4.) If a thread is wandering off topic because of a nonrelated dispute over anything -- just drop it. If that is too much to ask, open a different thread for that discussion to continue but for heaven's sake let the thread get back to its stated topic.
February 16th, 2005  
chewie_nz
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Well, I am not from either nation but I think it is obvious that the best medicine is for everyone involved to:
1.) Add some realism to their swelling national pride - no nation is perfect and all nations have problems. Someone else pointing out a possible problem with your country should not be taken as a personal insult. Constant praise for how much better you nation is - that's just asking for a flame war.
2.) Make a point of not citing examples unless they are well established facts. (Examples: A good statement of fact - Japan and Germany committed numerous horrible warcrimes against humanity in World War II. A bad statement would be - No member of the PLA has ever committed a warcrime of any kind at any time. The first can easily be verified from many independent sources. The second can't.)
3.) Never be one dimensional in you thinking. If you cannot have an open mind about any specific topic or opinion and are offended the moment anybody brings them up, then the problem lies with you. An excellent example: "All the world does not adore and praise the United States of America and the USA does not always do the right thing." If an American is unwilling to accept that statement then he or she is letting nationalistic pride overrule common sense.
4.) If a thread is wandering off topic because of a nonrelated dispute over anything -- just drop it. If that is too much to ask, open a different thread for that discussion to continue but for heaven's sake let the thread get back to its stated topic.
an excellent post!
--
Boots
February 16th, 2005  
gingerbeard
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Well, I am not from either nation but I think it is obvious that the best medicine is for everyone involved to:
1.) Add some realism to their swelling national pride - no nation is perfect and all nations have problems. Someone else pointing out a possible problem with your country should not be taken as a personal insult. Constant praise for how much better you nation is - that's just asking for a flame war.
2.) Make a point of not citing examples unless they are well established facts. (Examples: A good statement of fact - Japan and Germany committed numerous horrible warcrimes against humanity in World War II. A bad statement would be - No member of the PLA has ever committed a warcrime of any kind at any time. The first can easily be verified from many independent sources. The second can't.)
3.) Never be one dimensional in you thinking. If you cannot have an open mind about any specific topic or opinion and are offended the moment anybody brings them up, then the problem lies with you. An excellent example: "All the world does not adore and praise the United States of America and the USA does not always do the right thing." If an American is unwilling to accept that statement then he or she is letting nationalistic pride overrule common sense.
4.) If a thread is wandering off topic because of a nonrelated dispute over anything -- just drop it. If that is too much to ask, open a different thread for that discussion to continue but for heaven's sake let the thread get back to its stated topic.
totally agree

point is, i hope debating dun cause any misunderstanding or offending either.

but rather exchanging views etc..
February 17th, 2005  
MadeInChina
 
true, but no chinese can be convinced that pla has commited crimes aginist citizens ( forget 89, it was a riot)
February 17th, 2005  
rajkhalsa
 
Agreed!

The first step to reconciliation is understanding
February 17th, 2005  
lemontree
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA
true, but no chinese can be convinced that pla has commited crimes aginist citizens ( forget 89, it was a riot)
Well, the military actions in Tibet and Xinjiang have been brutal in the past. Only recently things have improved there. Every army has skeletons in its cupboard.
But overall w.r.t India, PLA had behaved in a dignified manner with all POWs.
February 17th, 2005  
Xion
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybeast
too many flaming posts between china and india happened in last few days.

we should not blame either side as they just try to defend their own country, but rather, sometimes nationalism overuns our conscience..

india and china, although many conflicts in the past, are quiet similiar in some way...

they are all significant economic booming power, they all face problems of large populations, they all have some lands being seperated from their countires in their opinions...and they all try their best to improve their military.

just hope no more flaming posts about comparision between india and china, cuz no one will win in this argument as no one will give up on their faith for their country,

but rather, this generation of chinese and indians should think more about peace , about building their countries, catching up the western world and creating a multi-superpower world....a balanced world

right?
well said.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybeast
but rather, this generation of chinese and indians should think more about peace , about building their countries, catching up the western world and creating a multi-superpower world....a balanced world
will happen
February 18th, 2005  
MadeInChina
 
well, cant help it if u guys kept picking at the 62' war by enlarging chinese casulties and heroizing non-significant battles

i think we should have a bann on any talk of the 62 war in the future

i vow on that if you guys agree
February 18th, 2005  
lemontree
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA
well, cant help it if u guys kept picking at the 62' war by enlarging chinese casulties and heroizing non-significant battles
You may consider the deaths of PLA soldiers non-significant, that is your choice. But we don't, we value the lives of our troops.
I know what you are getting at. Battle of Razang La...right? If one rifle company withstood a brigade attack, and which even Bejing or Peking as it was known then acknowledged that it suffered its worst cas in Razang La, then it is a great feat. If the troops fought to the last man last round, then it is significant.
If you want to live in a dream world, and not learn any thing, then so be it.