UK vs. Israel - Total War - Page 4

--

April 14th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: OK.

Ok, F15Is would take out those airbases if needed....
April 14th, 2004  
Animal Mother

Topic: Re: OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman105
Ok, F15Is would take out those airbases if needed....
Against E-3 Sentry AWACS platforms? The RAF would see you coming far out and have plenty of time to vector in interceptors.
April 14th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: lol

LOL, you think we dont have EW 2? plus, even if they would see us, what would they send?Tornados? against F15Ds and F16Is?LOL.
--
April 15th, 2004  
Animal Mother

Topic: Re: lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman105
LOL, you think we dont have EW 2? plus, even if they would see us, what would they send?Tornados? against F15Ds and F16Is?LOL.
Flying heavily laden with bombs at what would be at least for the F-16's, the edge of their range? We are talking Malta here, or even more realisticly, Gibraltar.

Who said the Tornados would aproach from the front? Using cues from the E-3's they would simply vector in from a different angle, speed up, iluminate, fire AIM-120's and disengage. If they dont shoot them down, they will at the very least force them to ditch their bombload.
April 15th, 2004  
Thorin

Topic: .

Sinai is easy to take
April 15th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: hmm

Yes, it is, considering its in Egypt...And demiliterized...
April 19th, 2004  
TacticalEdge

i an beach landing by the Royal Marines the far better Merkava would fare much better than the british tanks... also the IDF has more experience in combat situations due to the arab problems they are currently faceing. While Britian does have the better navy(by far) the Israelies have a much better airforce. Overall the deciding factor is who the we(US) would side with which depends on how the war came to be......... but if the US decided to stay out of it then the IDF would win any military engagments on thier homeland
April 20th, 2004  
SHERMAN

April 20th, 2004  
Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalEdge
i an beach landing by the Royal Marines the far better Merkava would fare much better than the british tanks... also the IDF has more experience in combat situations due to the arab problems
I dont understand what you mean by the first line there, but as for our tanks, I believe we have the best MBT in the world, and would like to see some evidence suggesting otherwise. As for combat experience for the IDF, how about a the little things like the falklands, northern ireland, gulf wars 1 and 2, seirra leone, the balkans etc. And it is not necessarily the experience, it is the training and quality of the soldiers which is something fairly basic that you should understand.
April 20th, 2004  
Redneck

Keep it civil. "Attack the idea, not the person, or I will attack YOU."