Uh-Oh... she's threatening to leave!!

No that's not what I'm saying and I think you know it.

If you report it it will be reviewed. Maybe by me maybe by DTop, Redleg, Missileer or Tom Tom. But it will be reviewed and discussed and action may be taken.

Seriously, I've agreed and disagreed with both sides on the forum but there are just some people who won't take anything short of a "Yes, I agree. I am wrong, you are right. F*ck the USA." So I guess unless I go there, I'll always be a right wing fascist.
And yes I have been asking people to tone down on the propaganda but it's election year and it's like yelling next to a stereo boom box at a heavy metal concert.
So what did I say? I said it's best that at least us non Americans largely stay out of the criticizing until the election is over and people are closer to back to normal but apparently that was too hard for some people to go with.
So, since right now I've got way too much time on my hands I'll just post some things to amuse myself.
Actually my ties with the US are pretty strong, just not legally backed up in any form so in actuality, I should care about this election more than some of you other guys out there.

Here is the thing.... The "Conservative" People you mentioned have said that.... Neither has any other "conservative" said such a thing.

But many "liberal" people like Susan Saradon has... they have claimed that they'll move if Bush won in '04 and they haven't done crap.

And if Ted Nugent or Chuck Norris said they'd beat feet I'll tell them don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Big difference though.... Alec Baldwin, Robert Altman, Barbra Streisand, Lynn Redgrave, Cher, Eddie Vedder, and Pierre Salinger have threaten to move out of the country. Only Pierre Salinger kept to his threat.

If you open your mouth to the public and make a threat... keep to it. A man's worth is only that of his word.

Well, at least you're are consistent. My only advice to you is not to take anything people say literally, especially when its come from celebrities.

Last edited:
Then they shouldn't bother saying it at all. If you're going to throw a ***** fit and say you're going to leave the country if so and so get's elected, and then when so and so gets elected, not leave, then you didn't need to say anything in the first place.

So in essence your only real advice is to ignore it as there is little point in reporting it because you don't accept that it is propaganda, well I guess that works we will just come back in 3 months to a board full of Dell Gribble posts with the same 4 people nodding in agreement.
A brand new Catch-22...

And out of all the countries that she can fly to, she picks Italy?

Italy!?

Only to meet Berlusconi & the family mafia and run back on the first flight.

20030130-10_d013003-515h.jpg

You know what cracks me up about all this, here we have a politics forum with an election coming up and the only threads on this board active are devoted to mud slinging, Obama once met a Muslim he must be in bed with Osama, McCain spent time in Vietnam he must be a communist etc. etc. there hasn't been one single discussion on a policy that either of them are pushing.

Still perhaps this is why the forum is down to about 10 posts a day (not counting the 999999 posts about what you favourite dog colour is, and saying hi to new members that sign up and disappear faster than a donut at a police fund raiser.

Yes, it is a pity that some people can't just talk about policy instead of this sort of rubbish. What a pathetic thread!

I might actually watch Regular TV and not just G4/Military Channel/On Demand/Adult Swim!
icon_smile_approve.gif

Maybe you should start watching some more channels, it might broaden your horizon some more. The channels you get your info from might have a small base of information. I am not out to slander here, but I do find your opinion very often very one sided and they lack the empathy to try and understand other people's motives. But I guess you have the same opinion about me :)

If we all respected everyone's opinion, democracy wouldn't work.

Really how so? Ted suggested that he broaden his mind, he didn't say "Agree with automatically".

Democracy doesn't work if everyone is narrow-minded.

Last edited:
Broadening horizons is always a good thing. I think the different views help you with your regular line of work as well.

Really how so? Ted suggested that he broaden his mind, he didn't say "Agree with automatically".

Democracy doesn't work if everyone is narrow-minded.
Well you see, democracy should use the best of both worlds. If we all agreed, then we wouldn't have any different ideas....

Well you see, democracy should use the best of both worlds. If we all agreed, then we wouldn't have any different ideas....

But wouldn't that be democracy in optima forma, when everybody agrees on something. Democracy doesn't equal different opinions, only the right to have and express different opinions.

Back