U.S. would commit huge force to thwart N. Korean offensive - Page 3

--
Boots

February 7th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Well I hope my role as a "wartime politician" comes to no use.
Anyways we have a capable leader in the form of Park Gun-hae. She's probably the best leader to have come around since the beginning of current Korean democracy. If she'll be elected is another matter because she is not in favor of being all friendly to the North. She is not driven by Anti-Americanism.
Would be a shae if she's not elected.
Besides, I'd make a poor politician. Nowadays it's a bunch of ass kissing.
February 8th, 2005  
MadeInChina

anyways back to topic,

how many prof troops does SK have to mobolize incase war broke out?
February 8th, 2005  
A Can of Man

We answered that question already.
It's around 600,000. That's excluding reserves which will be mobilized in the event of war
--
Boots
February 8th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

"U.S. would commit huge force to thwart N. Korean offensive?" Yes, the USA most definitely IS committed to their alliances and we have no intention of letting North Korea take over through invasion. The only way that could realistically happen is if China commits substantial forces in that action.

Right now, North Korea doesn't have the teeth to take on the South and win. They do have the sheer numbers of outdated military gear to make it interesting at first. In the long run, SK's economic output, SK's ability to make your own military hardware and the simple fact that SK has a substantially larger population ... I think the South wins out 1v1.
February 9th, 2005  
Darcia

South Korea has the advantage in technology, North Korea has it in number. Problem you can only send so many people to thier deaths before you run out of people. if War was to break out I doubt China would try to get in the way if America got involved due to the fact The rest of Europe may get involved.
February 9th, 2005  
Sexybeast

north korea is rather a small country with very little strategic depth....

once north koreans lost air control....daily sweep bombing from U.S and south korean airforce will just blow north korean armed forces apart...wut left will just be those in bunkers and tunnels, all visible targets wil be gone (a small country with not much targets)....

I am sure that north koreans won't have the ability to do any counter attack or even go out of their bunkers, cuz they just won't survive under air power
February 9th, 2005  
MadeInChina

us entering the war, yes, possiblily the united kingdom as well, but the rest of europe, NO.

i dont think the rest of europe gives a dam about korea nowadays, this will be similar to teh politcal stance, diplomatics of situation in iraq

the big mystery is if chinas willing to sent troops or not
February 9th, 2005  
Sexybeast

according to my local paper, Vancouver Sun...someone took a pic with cellphone of PLA practising building temperory bridges acrossing Yalu River to North Korea.......

i think China never gives up the idea of holding North Korea as a buffer zone against U.S, Japan, and South Korea...

but i really doubt that CHina will HELP north to invade South,

i think China will only send troops when North is in danger of being ass kicked totally (like 50 years ago)
February 10th, 2005  
MadeInChina

lol, i saw the sameds newspaper when im now visiting vancouver

anyhow pratice makes perfect! 8)
February 10th, 2005  
Big_Z

Building a temporary bridge across a river is mighty impressive, talk about some hard chargers. They are ready for war!