U.S. under scrutiny for Paris rally

JRotc_cadet

Should the U.S. government sent someone to the Paris rally instead of have them sitting in the coffee shop across the street.

We sent our Ambassador to France.
Witch compares quite nicely to the Heads of State sent by other countries. But...no problem, they have now sent John Kerry who took with him James Taylor who sang "You've got a friend"! No word if "Imagine" or "Kumbaya" were sung!

Heard he went, but Holder was in Paris & didn't go.

Who cares? I mean really?
Certain heads of state that were there have their own problems..... Like "caning" bloggers or holding anti-Muslim rallies or need I really say throwing their own damn journalists into jail????!!!!!

Smile! Look pretty for the cameras! The whole World is watching now! :)

Boy is that a semi conscious assessment of world affairs and the now pretty much open terrorist insurgency.

People are forgetting who is currently running our country.
Bowing to and appeasing those of certain middle eastern persuasions are their priorities.

what a joke

americanpiper.jpg

should have sent al sharpton

Who cares? I mean really?
Certain heads of state that were there have their own problems..... Like "caning" bloggers or holding anti-Muslim rallies or need I really say throwing their own damn journalists into jail????!!!!!

Smile! Look pretty for the cameras! The whole World is watching now! :)

I agree I don't think it really matters who showed up after all the ambassador is supposed to be the countries representative so why shouldn't they be the ones to show up.

As I have said before this was little more than a political photo-op.

I'd point out that the day after 9-11 (September 12, 2011) the very first head of state to visit ground zero was JACQUES CHIRAC, then President of France. Chirac visited Ground zero when Bush and Cheney were still hiding in their undisclosed rabbit holes, that was their commitment to us.

Meanwhile, Paris gets hit and all we can come with is our bench warming team. I don't think anyone in France minded too much that Obama didn't come but as a New Yorker who knew people lost on 9-11 this was embarrassing, and the White House should have known better. Its precisely the type of nasty snub I would expected from the neocon cabal, not the Democrats, although I think the reason was incompetence not nastiness in this particular instance.

Obama was more criticized for this in the US Press than the French Press.

I'd point out that the day after 9-11 (September 12, 2011) the very first head of state to visit ground zero was JACQUES CHIRAC, then President of France. Chirac visited Ground zero when Bush and Cheney were still hiding in their undisclosed rabbit holes, that was their commitment to us.

Meanwhile, Paris gets hit and all we can come with is our bench warming team. I don't think anyone in France minded too much that Obama didn't come but as a New Yorker who knew people lost on 9-11 this was embarrassing, and the White House should have known better. Its precisely the type of nasty snub I would expected from the neocon cabal, not the Democrats, although I think the reason was incompetence not nastiness in this particular instance.

Agreed, this sign of obvious support by our head of state would have shown our backing with France in the GWOT. And reassure our other partners.

Chirac visited Ground zero when Bush and Cheney were still hiding in their undisclosed rabbit holes, that was their commitment to us.

"undisclosed rabbit holes" : I object very strongly to these terms : Bush and Cheney followed the rules for the eventuality of a possible nucleair attack on the US .:evil:

Agreed, this sign of obvious support by our head of state would have shown our backing with France in the GWOT. And reassure our other partners.

With friends like France who needs enemy's. Although I do give them credit for gunning down the terrorist recently. Besides I've been to Paris and was glad to be back.
I found the folks in Germany and Italy much more agreeable.

With friends like France who needs enemy's. Although I do give them credit for gunning down the terrorist recently. Besides I've been to Paris and was glad to be back.

Really most of the world says the same thing about America, I think it is time to realise that nations have no friends just agendas sometimes they align but most often they dont.

Really most of the world says the same thing about America, I think it is time to realise that nations have no friends just agendas sometimes they align but most often they dont.

Perhaps you should serve a few years to gain some experence

Perhaps you should understand that experience in uniform doesn't make you an expert on life or politics.

If you want to try firing shots you should know that I do fire back.

I am not sure we can really compare these incidents for example did the French president show up for say the Sandy Hook memorial which was a far more similar event.

Last edited:

True, France likes selling military hardware to Russia these days...

But we sold war planes that sank two of our Allied British partners ships in the Falklands..

Nature of the game I suppose.

You spew out anti American rhetoric. If it weren’t for the hundreds of thousands of allied lives lost in liberating France it would likely still be a German colony today.

The US feeds more hungry people world wide, provides more disaster relief, allows in more immigrants than any other nation. We also provide the lion’s share of the funding for the UN. We are by no means the only provider but we do a lot for a lot of people.

Perhaps you should understand that experience in uniform doesn't make you an expert on life or politics.

Time spent in uniform will do one a world of good in understanding life as it relates to the military.

Last edited:
France is a quagmire in that respect, gratitude I am sure was felt for a period but after an attempted military coup after a presidency with no term limits in the post war period, giving respect may have been seen as an embarrassment to being occupied in the first place.

I don't really know the French mentality, however if they were truly sacrilegious about it I am sure that would have worn off decades ago by now.

Hard to say , maybe a French Citizen here could enlighten us?

Last edited:
You spew out anti American rhetoric. If it weren’t for the hundreds of thousands of allied lives lost in liberating France it would likely still be a German colony today.

The US feeds more hungry people world wide, provides more disaster relief, allows in more immigrants than any other nation. We also provide the lion’s share of the funding for the UN. We are by no means the only provider but we do a lot for a lot of people.

The US meddles in world affairs, over throws democratically elected governments that do not support its ideologies and has declared war on more of its allies than it has its enemies so spare me the crap.

I have spent roughly eleven years on my life in the USA and even married an American there is very little you can not tell me about the place that I have not experienced for myself and for the record I like Americans one of the friendliest bunches anywhere in the world but your government is rotten to the core and what they do they do in your name so don't be surprised that you arent the popular one in the group.

As for the French they are rude, arrogant and I still don't like the fact that we let their spies go we should have shot them but they have great food, great wine, an awesome history and a nice country (but you can keep Paris) and if not for the French America would be an English colony see I can play guess alternate history as well.

As for France being a German colony I suspect it would be a Russian one by now.

Back