Top 10 militaries in the world - Page 4

--

August 20th, 2004  
Redleg

I've removed (most of) the off-topic posts now.

Guy100 has been temporary banned since he has failed several times to follow the forum rules and paid no attention to the Moderators/Admins warnings!

Uncle_Sam, please calm down as well, and take some time to read the forum rules (pay special attention to the parts about flaming and sarcastic replies!)!
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...pic.php?t=1469

Unlocking this topic now, you may continue ON-topic from now on..

Thanks.
August 20th, 2004  
xman

@Flyingfrog,

Comrade hello from Turkey,
I have a guestion for you.Have you ever any info on whether
four of Us-Kidd class DDGs are delivered to Taiwan or not?

Regards
August 20th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

I suppose it depends on what you would qualify as "most powerful". China has a reasonably well equipped army that is absolutely mostrous, but they lack the naval and diplomatic power to deliver it against non-bordering nations. The Russian Army is numerically strong in every category, but they couldn't solve Chechnia for over a decade and seem to lack morale and purpose. Still, BE AFRAID if someone manages to give that juggernaut a direction and solve their economic mess. The US is not the numerically strongest Army, but it is the second largest in that department, and they have the diplomatic and naval strength to deliver that army to anywhere in the world. They are the best because they are well trained, have solid motivation and know how to use their superior equipment effectively. They are the only army in the same size category that has all those advantages on their side. Nobody poses a real threat to the US Navy's superiority on the oceans, which is their trump card. So my list would be:
1.) USA
2.) China
3.) Russia + other former Soviet Union nations (mostly based on potential power)
4.) United Kingdom
5.) North Korea
6.) Israel
7.) France
it would be various different European nations and Australia from there. Can't think of a decent basis to rank them.
--
August 21st, 2004  
SHERMAN

How is North Koreas stronger than the Israeli Defence Forces?
August 21st, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Granted on that one. Reason I ranked North Korea higher is on numbers and overall threat to the world, etc, but I'm not 100% on them being in the right order. Can you give me a numerical comparison for the two? Obviously, Israel is better equipped and better trained.
August 21st, 2004  
SHERMAN

I dontr know about the N. Koreans, But the IDF has about 220000 regulars, and can moblize more than 500000 reserves in 48-72 houres....The IDF also has somewhere in the region of 3000 MBTs, of the improved M60(Magach) and Merkava types. I really dont see the N. Koreans matching that....
August 21st, 2004  
godofthunder9010

As I said, I already know that Israel has better gear. Yeah, you're right, in a war between the two, Israel would win certainly. Of course, both are very limitted by hostile surrounding nations, Israel to a greater degree.
August 21st, 2004  
Scavenger

Russia would probably be the greatest threat if they got organized. The USA probably has the most advanced army in the world (that we know of) but they're not really much of a threat if they tried to take over the world for example.

I'd probably have to agree with godofthunder in terms of superiority in numbers and equipment, but in the order of greatest threat it would have to be:

1.China
2.Russia
3.USA
4.UK
5.Israel
6.N.Korea
August 22nd, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Russia isn't that big threat, they don't have money, there are two times less Russians than Americans, and the US has the most advanced Armed Forces.... So I wouldn't agree with You
August 22nd, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by xman
@Flyingfrog,

Comrade hello from Turkey,
I have a guestion for you.Have you ever any info on whether
four of Us-Kidd class DDGs are delivered to Taiwan or not?

Regards
Sorry for the late reply, I was in Greece watching Turkey got big Golds from WeightLifting

The 4 KIDSS are not delivered to Taiwan yet. If they are lucky and things go well, then the delivery would be round 2006.

Taiwan will use the four Kidds to take the place of its seven World War II-era Gearing-class destroyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scavenger
Russia would probably be the greatest threat if they got organized. The USA probably has the most advanced army in the world (that we know of) but they're not really much of a threat if they tried to take over the world for example.

I'd probably have to agree with godofthunder in terms of superiority in numbers and equipment, but in the order of greatest threat it would have to be:

1.China
2.Russia
3.USA
4.UK
5.Israel
6.N.Korea
I don't agree with this Threat List.

Certainly China is not a threat to the world peace, in contrast, China will help world towards Peace.

Actually all the above mentioned countries are no threat to the world, except USA , especially their president and his neocon mates

Regards

Mod Edit: Please stop the back-to-Back posting, use the "edit" button!