Top 10 militaries in the world - Page 2

--

July 31st, 2004  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmb101
where has Redneck been lately?
He's been having some good old military fun this summer..
Should be back soon..

Back on topic...
August 5th, 2004  
clivecussler

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent driller
I think Isreal is still on the list because of conscription. And of course the US is on top, but not for the reasons you might think. These gentlemen are the real reason for the US's successful military.
http://strangecosmos.com/content/item/7440.html
ROFL!!! I love that!!!

They taste like chicken, cause, well, they are chicken!!!

Nice topic by the way. I didn't realize South Korea had such a large military.
August 5th, 2004  
Shadowalker

Im suprised france isnt on the list as there military is powerful, with there aircraft carriers, and SLBMs i would rate them above turkey and pakistan!
--
August 18th, 2004  
RomanItaly

What ways to rate the armed forces, how can people think that judging the world's militaries on the size of the armed forces as acceptable? Strategy page seriously needs to change things.
August 18th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Easy there , read all the posts...:
Flyingfrog wrote:

Quote:
But anyone who has studied military history knows that the number of troops is a misleading measure. There are several factors that make the troops of one army more effective than others. The most obvious modifying factor is weapons and equipment (quantity and quality). Closely related to this are the 揷ombat support?elements. The most important of these are logistics (being able to move troops, and their supplies, long distances and in a timely manner) and maintenance (keeping things in repair and running under all conditions.) Then there are the intangibles (like leadership, training and the most intangible item of all; military tradition.) Apply all of those to the raw number of troops and you get different number. This number is called "combat power."
The first list is about size, the scond ius about training, hardware, moral and so on....
August 19th, 2004  
Guy100

Russia should get first or second place in techology and military equipment!
August 19th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Neither! It's not a superpower anymore
August 19th, 2004  
Guy100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Sam
Neither! It's not a superpower anymore
The only reason you think that america is the most powerful is because your an american paitriot,

I mean think logicaly, america isn't a superpower as well.

If you face the facts and compare Russian techology and military power to USA's techology and military power you will see that america ain't so powerful after all.

And I thought that america is a democratic country.
How can america be a democratic country if you won't listen and respect other people's opinions?
August 19th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Simple, when they don't make sence.
August 19th, 2004  
Guy100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Sam
Simple, when they don't make sence.
You americans don't make any sence.
some news program made a servey and found out that most of the people living in europe want america to close thier military bases in europe and go back home to america.
what I mean is, that no body want's you anymore.

And you americans are cowards.
I will explane why:
for example when the 9/11 attack occured, I saw people that where like 5 km from the WTS runing around and screaming like they are right under the building that is going to colapse.
ofcorse the fire fighters where brave, but many of these fire fighters where from other countries.
another example is when there is no electrisity;
when that happens you americans start panicing like a nuclear war has just started. Here in Israel, it's part of every days life.

also if you compare an american soldier to a Russian soldier, you will see that the american soldier is fat compare to the Russian soldier.
that's why an american soldier doesn't stand a chance in a one on one battle, with a Russian or a German soldier.