Tobacco & the military?

--

June 2nd, 2004  
ACTaFOOL82

Topic: Tobacco & the military?

My cousin said that if you join active duty in the military, they give out free cigarrettes, dip, and chew. Is this true cuz I heard they did it in WWII, but now its bad for you. You could sell that for lots of money.

Where's my baccy!
June 2nd, 2004  
Mark Conley

sorry to let you down...but the military does not give away free tobaccoof any kind in the US military. Matter of fact, smoking in the air force basic military training is not allowed.

Oh you can pick it back up after basic training, but you are going to pay for it, even at the reduced prices for it in the BX and comissary. Nope, no free lunch with tobbaco anymore.
June 2nd, 2004  
Snauhi

tobbaco and smoking are just , it will drop your physical performence and you get addicted.

And i am not sure but are you allowed to smoke in Boot Camp??
--
June 2nd, 2004  
Marksman

On my opinion eaven drinking shuldnt be alowed in army,anything that can participate in reducing your mental fisical skils
June 2nd, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman
On my opinion eavven drinking shuldnt be alowed in army,anything that can participate in reducing your skils
I think that having a drink together is good for team building, and okay as long as you're off-duty.
But drinking on duty isn't allowed anyway, is it?
June 2nd, 2004  
Marksman

..........I'm not sure
June 2nd, 2004  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1217
But drinking on duty isn't allowed anyway, is it?
Hmmm, getting drunk on duty certainly isn't allowed, but several countries allows a beer or a glas of wine to the dinner etc..
It depends on the situation, and your job..
June 2nd, 2004  
Snauhi

yeah drinking and smoking should be banned from the army, let those smokers learn not to smoke
June 2nd, 2004  
GreggK

ist quit smoking as i was told it was a no-no. anyone caught smoking/ sneaking them in during basic/mos training will be severly punished. so i have been without a cigg. for 2 1/2 weeks now. YAHHH!
June 2nd, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snauhi
yeah drinking and smoking should be banned from the army, let those smokers learn not to smoke
Let me guess, you've never smoked? The moderators here are very strict not to let people judge the military without being in it, I'd like to state that if you've never smoked, you shouldn't judge smokers. It's a lot easier to never start smoking, then it is to stop.
I quit smoking over a year ago, and I'm still not smoking, but it wasn't the first time I stopped...
Everyone should have a choice if he/she wants to smoke. Don't characterise them as "those smokers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggK
ist quit smoking as i was told it was a no-no. anyone caught smoking/ sneaking them in during basic/mos training will be severly punished. so i have been without a cigg. for 2 1/2 weeks now. YAHHH!
Hang in there, you'll live! (maybe you won't even start smoking again?)