Tobacco & the military? - Page 3

--

June 2nd, 2004  
Desert Blossom

I smoke right up until I went to basic and I sure did pay for it. It was the most god awful feeling when you were running..I wasn't the only one though because it was a common sight to see people on the side of the track/road bent over...good times...
I had quit smoking but since I've been over here I started again. You just get so bored sometimes that smoking seems like a good idea.
June 2nd, 2004  
SHERMAN

Funny thing most smoking Israelis stated in the army....And about the drinking, it shouldent be allowed on-duty, but in celebrations, events and so on....
June 2nd, 2004  
Eric

Wasn't the taste of blood in your gums the best feeling ever after a 12 klick run in combat gear and just before lighting another one?
What about settling for the pipe at night, whenever you had 5 minutes alone, between 2 and 3 am?
What about rolling your own cigarettes in winter with cold and dirty-wet hands?
Remember: quiting is easy!

I cannot even remember how many times I quit!!!
--
June 3rd, 2004  
JaegerWolf08

Copenhagen is my friend, never lets you down in a pinch. Staple of the US Army.

Tobacco products of any kind are not allowed during initial entry training.

US Smokeless Tobacco sends free dip to US servicemen overseas, and at home. At my unit a case of levi garret and couger just miraculously showed up. Courtesy of the company.
June 3rd, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaegerWolf08
US Smokeless Tobacco sends free dip to US servicemen overseas, and at home. At my unit a case of levi garret and couger just miraculously showed up. Courtesy of the company.
Hot damn! You're a lucky man, Jaeger.

I quit chewing about once a week (usually on Fridays ).
June 3rd, 2004  
Pogue

to those who said smoking affects your physical performance:

oddly enough, my highest PT score was when I smoked...go figure, huh?
June 3rd, 2004  
JaegerWolf08

Smoking has been shown to affect physical preformance over an extended period of time. Thats why i use cope.
June 3rd, 2004  
Snauhi

I live in Finland and its a pretty much smoker country, am 16 (will be 17 soon) and almost all of my friends smoke i mean it , 80% procent of the school smokes , and you could really see the deffernce then they wasent smoking , now they dont want to do a shit and they only thing they do is to go to mcdonalds. And not only they loses condition they are so on the hook , so they cant stay like 40 minutes without smoking
June 3rd, 2004  
Pogue

you know how I started using dip, Jaeger? I wasn't allowed to smoke at an FTX I was at, due to it being a tactical environment...so my buddy handed me a pinch of cope...and I've been hooked ever since. I love copenhagen black.
June 3rd, 2004  
Redneck

I feel like a drug dealer sometimes, I've got at least half a dozen guys (and one female) to turn into chewers, not actively or anything (ok, I had to work on the female for awhile ), they just see how cool we look with a wad of leaf in our cheeks and ask to be let into our special club.

Like I said before though, I've never been able to get into dipping, I don't have any lip control, so when I dip I have to put a chewing gum plug on top. Actually the sugar improves the taste even more.