Terror attack in Mumbai

Redneck, I think that you are misleading your wife...

You may be right at some extent... There could be a few terrorists who are against our lifestyle... But they are a minority inside a minority...

Take Hezbollah as an exemple. If you took a look at Lebanon, you would see that life over there is very much like in Europe. Women wear veil or not as they wish, they drive, work Etc etc...

Yet, you dont see terrorists attacking Lebanese women for that. Etc... And if you ask Hezbollah, they will say that their attacks are to push the invader (Israel) out of Southern Lebanon.

Once again, it's not religious. It's about national territory.

Even Al-Quaeda doesnt say that it's an attack against a way of life... And they are the most extremist and freestyle among Islamo fascists terrorists...

I'm talking about the radical religious Al Qaeda types. As for Hezbollah, their deal is mostly political.
Yes and Al Qaeda also says a lot of other crap as well. They call America the great Satan. Well... then America must be Satan shouldn't it LeMask?

Yet, you dont see terrorists attacking Lebanese women for that. Etc... And if you ask Hezbollah, they will say that their attacks are to push the invader (Israel) out of Southern Lebanon.

however, israel is not in south lebanon. so the question is, why is there still hezballah. hezballa hdosent work for lebenses intrests it works for irani-shiite intrests.

Redneck, of course I dont take seriously everything they say... But an insight on how they see themselves is always good to have.

I was reading an article about kamikaze bombers and IRA terrorists, and they were described as "romantics"... People with high ego and a high idea of themselves.... they think "I'm the good guy. And I'm fighting pure evil."

Once you scramble their definition of the "good guy" you can stop them... This is why the people who take the negociation in hostage rescue missions have a training in psychology...

You face a good catholic and tell him "You have pregnant women among your hostages"... And you will destabilize him.

Anyway...

And to SHERMAN, I dont know what exactly the Hezballah is really looking for. Isnt there (maybe) a difference between the definition of the borders?

Maybe that Israel have a different map than Hezballah? Maybe it's linked with the occupied territories? the prisonners in Israel?

You are the expert...

And to SHERMAN, I dont know what exactly the Hezballah is really looking for. Isnt there (maybe) a difference between the definition of the borders?

Maybe that Israel have a different map than Hezballah? Maybe it's linked with the occupied territories? the prisonners in Israel?

You are the expert...

the first goal of any organization is to survive. hezballah keeps making new demands because otherwise it has no reason to exist.

Yup, every organization is like that. Once it's objectives are met, it has to keep on going. Which is exactly why terrorists can't really be negotiated with in the large scale. Even if we hand them everything they want, they will want more and they will continue to kill to make that point. Their survival depends on it.

My wife trying to tell me that the terrorists were angry at us because we reject and exclude them.
I told her that they're angry at us because she has the right to work, a right to speech, can choose which faith to follow or not follow and is allowed to drive a car. Obviously there was more to it but I can't be arsed to write it here right now.

Tell her we'll stop excludeing them when they stop blowing them selves up :)

Same to you LeMask.
And Wolfen, true enough.
I grew up with a lot of Muslim friends. But since 9/11, many of them support the other side. Needless to say, they're not my friends anymore.
I think we need to SERIOUSLY get some alternative fuels so that we can just cordon off the Middle East so they can blow each other up, cut their arms off, stone each other to death until their hearts are content. Obviously, don't recognize any of their countries diplomatically. Not until they've sorted out their sh*t or killed each other off sufficiently.

What I believe is there is a whole world out there with a hell of a lot of people that don't want to play nice

redneck don't hold your breath on the middle east EVER sorting anything out

Well I'm not holding my breath. Basically means cut them off so they can either sort themselves out or kill each other down to the last man, woman and child. Doesn't matter if it takes a million years.

Redneck, what do you mean by the "other side"?

You mean that they support terrorism? or that they support the Iraqi resistance?

I never met someone who actually supported terrorism. I dont know if it's just to be "politacally correct" but they all condemn "terrorism"... And I mean by that attacking civilians, kamikaze attacks Etc...

But I know many who support the Iraqi resistance. And I think that it's an acceptable position. Bush himself said that nobody likes an invading/occupying force...

And of course, there is the people who think that these wars are all about oil. Anyway...

I never met someone who actually supported terrorism. I dont know if it's just to be "politacally correct" but they all condemn "terrorism"... And I mean by that attacking civilians, kamikaze attacks Etc...

I can arange some meetings for you.

Damn, I should have joined journalism school... If I knew that I could find a way to get close to these bastards for an interview...

I could make a fortune... I see the title already "inside a terrorist mind"...

nah joking... I dont want to deal with these guys... Unless you lend me your tank for the interview... Then maybe...

Wow wow... Easy Del boy... You are dangerously linking terrorism with immigration. There is HUGE difference between an immigrant and a terrorist. You cant attack someone just because someone of his same religion/skin color/culture attacked you...

There is the terrorist who wants to harm innocents and there is the honest worker who wants a better life. Dont mix them up. Just dont...

Wow wow yourself. Easy yourself. Don't accuse me with words of your own which you wish to put into my mouth.

I am doing nothing dangerous whatsoever; simply reflecting the problems we are facing every day, and the rhetoric of fundamentalists here; the constant backwards and forwards of Pakistani youth to and from their training camps. The constant threat of hatred from ingrates.

Perhaps you could point out us which is the honest worker and which is the terrorist, many claim to have the same aspirations and support among 'moderates'..

Let me tell you a story about this one guy who said he'd use the "power of persuasion."
This is a true story. 100% true. I know this for a fact because I was THERE!

A friend of my brother's was asked by a teacher to look after his house while the teacher was gone vactioning in Bali. That one boy, let's call him George, wasn't going to go anywhere and was held in good regard by his teachers. He was a good student and was on the cross country team. Got to be a solid pick right?
Anyways we went over to hang out (wasn't a wild party, we kept it totally under control) and my brother asked him, "dude, what if someone tries to break in and rob this place? Don't you need like a baseball bat or something?"
George goes, "No, I refuse to use violence. I will use the power of reason and persuasion."
And we knew there was only one thing left to do.
A few days later we mounted a commando raid at night.
Wearing black clothes, we took our bikes (the teacher's house was about 20 minutes away by bike from our house) and some stuff. I brought a plastic bag, an empty glass bottle... my brother packed some lighter fluid and matches. He brought along a friend who spoke totally fluent Indonesian as well (this took place in Indonesia) and we also packed a cell phone. The operation was on.
We biked over and parked our bikes behind a bend in the road. We snuck up to the house (which was a two story house with a garden on two adjacent sides... yeah you can afford these in Indonesia) and climbed the wall and landed in the garden. First order of business.
My friend placed a phone call on the land line so the number wouldn't show. We knew the teacher's phone didn't have caller ID. George picked up the phone. "Hello?" The friend stayed silent then hung up.
A few minutes later the friend called again and George went, "Hello?" To which the friend mumbled something quietly in Indonesian ... along the lines of "there's someone in the house." By now I'm sure George was freaking out.
About a minute later, I cut the electricity (in Indonesia the fuse boxes are on the outside for some reason) for about twenty seconds... the guy didn't even come out to investigate! Definitely scared shitless. Then I put the electricity back up again. I'm sure by now he was wondering what the f*ck was going on. The electricity does go out in Indonesia now and then ... but for the fuse to kick back on its own again...?
Then after about a minute or two, I put the electricity out for good. Commence assault phase. My brother and his friend swung around to the front door and proceeded to pour lighter fluid on the grill and some other non burning surfaces and lit it. Both of them started dancing like madmen and because all the light sources were from the outside to the inside, their faces were totally invisible. Meanwhile, I put the glass bottle in the plastic bag and smashed it real hard against the wall just under a large window before I started to shake the garage door like mad.
After about a minute we realized the guy was nowhere to be seen. We were like "eh? Where is he?" So we just packed up all our evidence, jumped the wall to the outside and went to our bikes... we waited.
About ten minutes later my brother called George. "Hey George, I think I left my lap top charger at your place. Can I come over to look for it?"
George goes, "MAN, you're not going to believe what just happened!"
The hell we won't... hehe.
"What happened?" my brother asks.
"I'll tell you later, come quick!"
"Alright... we'll be there."
Five minutes later we biked to the front gate (remember it normally takes 20 minutes by bike and the guy George actually knows this) and George goes, "What took you so long??" He looks startled as hell.
"What the hell happened?"
"Some guys broke into the house!" George looked scared sh1tless.
"Where?" I asked.
"They broke the window and came in."
I walked over to the window and of course it was intact. "Looks fine to me."
George looked confused and embarrassed as hell. "But..."

Alright it's getting kinda long... but to cut it short...
George never knew it was us until we told him a few weeks later.
He made up some bullsh1t story about how he got a "staff" as he said (not a stick apparently) and ran to the 2nd floor.
He actually took a cordless phone and went to the 2nd floor, locked himself in a bathroom and called this one girl he had a crush on (or something) and told her he was SCARED. HA HA HA.
He called his parents who called the cops and in Indonesia, the cops won't do anything but take your money.
We called him a coward and he said pretty pridefully "those guys were much bigger than you." HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
When my brother finally broke it to him, it was right in front of the teacher who had been believing the guy's bullsh1t story.

So what's the moral of this story?
Pretty straight forward I think!

Hum, looks like a sophisticated prank pulled by some kids...

The pranks I made when I was a boy were stupid... Like burning the light interuptors when the guy watching the building didnt let us play soccer in the garage "because we leave dark spots in the walls with our dirty ball and make a lot of noise."... the technique was simple "hide the flame with your body"... And I found a way to forget a match box next to the crime scene... And nobody believed that the interuptors spontaneonsly combusted because of a short cut...

But the preparation is impressive. We should give such kids green berets and ship them to Afghanistan...

Makes me remember the case where some kids tried to kill their teacher... And they were like 6 years old...

Professional killer material I say...

The terrorits and extremists can only survive with the general approval of their motives by the moderates.

The moderates say - no, we are peaceful folk and re-assure their victims. The extremists know that, even if they do not approve of the means, the moderates generally approve of the aims.

Without the existence of the protection afforded by the silent support of the moderates, there would be no extremists. The authorities would crush them. Instead, whenever anyone point s to the problem, they are accused of going over the top as I was a few posts ago by Lemask.

Del Boy, I dont agree with you there.
What do you call the "moderate"? You have to understand that in these countries, the people have no power. End of story.

They are all helpless, they live like animals. They are just there to pay the taxes at the end of the year. No body cares about their opinion.

There is the dictatorship and the police/army/security forces who are there to make sure that the people wont riot...

And these armies are damn good at their job. They are there to protect a dictator from the people. When it comes to protect the country from outsiders, they cant do...

But let's come back to the moderates, all I wanted to do, is to explain you how they cant act...

The extremists want what? They want less coruption... Or less of "their definition of corruption"... It means Sharia Law for some... Or more influence of sharia law on the current laws... a modern Sharia if you prefer... with human rights and such... following the education level in the country...

And this is normal in a Muslim country. It's their right. It's not good for me if I want to drink a beer in the streets over there, but they are the one forced to live there... not me...

And guess what? even I want that... Are you going to sue me because I want to see corrupt government going down? it's the most natural thing on earth. Even the USA shares goals with Ben Laden... Like to bring Iran and Saddam Hussein down...
No body likes these dictators... They are just murderous bastards who waste the ressources of a whole country for themselves and an useless army...

The moderates are silent... Because if they speak up. They get tortured, imprisoned and raped... By the government agents... It's not a democracy... They dont have the habit to open their mouths...

So accusing them of not reacting is really unfair...

so let me give you all the point I said:
"moderates" have no power. asking them to "act up" is ridiculous.
the local armies are very good when it comes to destroy a public uprising.
the extremists want to bring the local corrupt governments down.
All the honest people in the world share this objective.

Last edited:
Back