RUSSIA versus EUROPE: who'll win?

--

July 12th, 2004  
SAINT

Topic: RUSSIA versus EUROPE: who'll win?

Who will win if there's war between Europe and Russia (if USA is at war with China and has not the time and resources to help Europe)? Experts please comment...
July 12th, 2004  
Damien435

While I am not an expert I would like to give my opinion.

Ok, here it goes, (this is assuming Russia is the aggressor) Russia, along with their allies in the Ukraine, will invade Belarus and the Baltic States, they will win, almost no contest, Russia will invade Finland to protect their Navy as it moves through the Black Sea, once again the Russians will win again, they will sweep through Sweden, then Norway, here they will face some problems defeating, of all people, the Norwegian Coast Guard as they will have trouble getting into the many Fjords on the Norwegian Coast, this will plaque them all during the war. From Norwegian airbases they will launch planes to attack Britain, hitting their fleet from the air, this will have little impact on the Royal Navy but will slow them down if their is an attempt to help the refugees from the Scandinavian Countries, all this will have happened in a mere 3 weeks to a month. Ukrainian forces will attack Romania, after a somewhat short campaign taking about 2 months the Ukrainian forces will be the victors, they will then sweep through Bulgaria and Albania, laying siege to Greece to prevent them from sending their troops to aid in the defense of Poland.

After a short pause by the Russians they will attack Poland, they will initially be victorious in all of their battles, but before to long they will start running into the German Army with their Leopard tanks. The Russians will lose a staggering amount of tanks, almost 3 to 1 against the superior German tanks. But Russia will eventually be victorious as the bulk of the German Army was kept back to defend themselves should Russia decide to hop across the Baltic and attack Denmark and Northern Germany. After about 3 months of fighting the Russians will defeat Poland. They will then prepare to invade Germany, they will be forced to attack the main German Army as the Czecks will be in heavily defended, fortified, mountain bases, making an attack almost suicidal for the Russians. Finally the Russians attack, the Germans, being, in my opinion, the strongest nation on continental europe, will use their superior tanks and tactics to defeat the Russians, knocking out several thousand Russian tanks, but their losses will be great also, especially since the Russians have so many more tanks. The Russians will then use their Air Force and long range missiles to bomb German positions, the German Airforce and Airdefenses will shoot down many Russian planes but enough will get through to do serious damage to the German defenses. Two days later a massive artillery strike will be launched on the front line German troops, the Russians will attack later that same day, after a few hours of heavy fighting they will break through near Szczecin in Northern Poland. In panic and disarray several nearby German units will retreat, causing a domino effect, all will be falling back towards Berlin to defend against the inevitable Russian siege and attack of the city. The Russians will surround the city, laying siege to it instead of just attacking. Hundreds of missiles and thousands of artillery shells will rain down on the city daily. After 5 weeks the Germans will either be forced to surrender, attack the Russians, or starve to death. They will attack, they will first launch missiles against the troops to the north of the city, the Russians, expecting the attack to occur in that area will shift some, but not many, troops to the north of the city. The Germans will then attack to the south and west, breaking through the Russian lands and thousands of German troops and equipment will be rushed through the gap and towards the Rhine, however thousands more will be forced to stay in the city, the Russians, angry and frustrated will then attack the city, after weeks of heavy street fighting the Germans will eventually be overwhelmed and forced to surrender.

The remnants of the German forces that escaped Berlin will set up a final defense near Dusseldorf and Cologne, on the Rhine, they will cross the river and all the bridges on the Rhine will be destroyed.

I will continue this in a later post, please tell me what you think thus far, and I promise, the outcome will surprise you.
July 12th, 2004  
SAINT

8) Very interesting and possible. I'd like to read on... Yes, the Russians know a lot about the European terrain and they have a lot of battle experiences through their attack on Berlin in WW2 and they also gathered a lot of info during the Cold War.
--
July 12th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

But Germans also have expirience in Russia!
July 12th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Russia: nuclear strikes.
France and UK : nuclear responses.
End of the war.
July 12th, 2004  
SAINT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Sam
But Germans also have expirience in Russia!
Yes, the Germans had many experiences in Russia! many BAD experiences...!

July 12th, 2004  
Snauhi

the only two countrys in europe that can stop Russia are UK and Germany.
July 12th, 2004  
SAINT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snauhi
the only two countrys in europe that can stop Russia are UK and Germany.
yes, quite right.. but how about France?
July 12th, 2004  
Shadowalker

France and UK have the best trained forces in europe as they are not conscription! Following them Sweden, germany probably have the best trained, followed by the others! If russia did attack i think a lot would depend on russian morale as if it is good europe will struggle but if it is bad russia will lose
July 12th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

No offence to nobody:

If there is a conventional war btw EU and Russia, Russia will be dead in months.

EU has Germany, UK, France, Italy strong and big countires.

EU's economy and technology are way better than Russia.

EU's population is about 2.5 times bigger than Russia's.

EU can produce any advanced weapons in war time.

EU has the best trained army after USA.

If Russia starts the sudden attack, some small countries along the Russian border will be lost in the beginning, but then EU will crash Russia in a few weeks.