Reasons for Iraq War - Page 3

--

March 15th, 2004  
TheSunsetSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_master_gunner
Think of it like this: If we make "them" more like "us", then "they" will be less likely to want to blow "us" up. Make sense?
Haha... nicely put Mr.Dragon. I really agree with you, from what i see (I am aware that media is not a good way to judge the place) even the most expensive mansions seem like a place i wouldn't want to spend a night. We need to be there.
March 15th, 2004  
Idiotbox

But if "they" dont like the idear of "us" making "them" more like "us", then "they" will be more likely to try and blow "us" up, if a people feel there culture and ideals are under attack, there going to fight back.
March 15th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: yes.

well, idiotbox, thats a good point. I think that the US is right to go into Iraq, but should take a step backwards about religion and colture. Us middle easterners are likely to get mad when our beliefs are at danger.
--
March 15th, 2004  
BunYap

The reason for the war was he was not fessing up and he did it for 12 years and he had the help of the Russians and the French
March 16th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

I don't think Middle Easterners should be forced into our religion but we do know what works best as far as governement goes. This is what we are trying to force them into. The problem though right now is the fact that their religion and culture is opposed to the change in government. This means they either need to find a new religion or be a little more liberal in their interpretation of Islam.
March 16th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: I agree

I agree that democracy is the best gov. method...But it will take time to democratize the area. Some things cannot change. You cannot make Iraq(or anny arab nation) give up the Shria(islamic law) as the base of their laws. you cant expect muslims to allow certin rights for wiemen.NOT YET. Give them a window. They will open it alone....
March 16th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

The question becomes then is the loss of life while we wait for them to open the window worth it or is death toll better if we force the window open and shove them through it?
March 17th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: well

Im afraid you cant.
March 17th, 2004  
Janie

I lived in NY during 9/11. I lived with soldiers in the streets for months after. I lived near Niagara Falls when the power went out on the Eastern Seaboard (something I had predicted) and the silly excuse was given that there was a lightening strike. There was no lightening strike. How do you cripple the USA? Bring us to our financial knees. We are still suffering the effects.
I used to cross the border to Canada, just so that I could spend some time going back in time. The time before terror. The time when there was not active military activity going on in our own streets.
I for one am glad that we did not just lay down and turn the other cheek. That's reason enough for me. There will always be people who can find sinister reasons for our actions. Our interests stretch beyond this country. You would be hard pressed not to find one politician or another with financial interests in any part of the globe.
IMHO, the tapes of the planes crashing into the towers, and the aftermath should still be shown on TV. They say sometimes it is out of compassion for the survivors. But documentaries still show prisoners at Auschwitz, killings in Viet Nam. What's the difference?
Show the videos again. Show the people jumping and the survivors in shock and probably therapy forever. Then ask why we went to war.
March 17th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

The power going out in the eastern seaboard had nothing to do with anything other than generators being overworked and going out. ACtually I don't know why I'm posting this topic is boring and was done with awhile in my eyes.