NBC's Saving Jessica Lynch

GuyontheRight

All I can say was that the dialouge was horrible, although I thought the screenplay went rather well. The accuracy of the battle seen seems off as the convoy was suppose to be in a bridge seeting with morter pitts and sand beams on the sides. PFC Miller (The Real Hero) is shown killing at least half a dozen Iraqi's, which is right, although the circumstances of his actions are wrong. In real life he fed manual rounds into his M-16 while engaging iraqi's setting up a mortar, but in the movie he just sprayes the area. Jessica Lynch does not fire her weapon, as does no other woman (Historically accurate) No mention of the "blond, man/woman who fought to the death.

Anyone else see it?

Haven't seen the movie yet, but I found the commercial for it on NBC.com
http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Saving_Jessica_Lynch/
http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Movies_&_Specials/
"Based on the true story...."
"The heroic rescue......"
"SAVING JESSICA LYNCH"
"The dramatic rescue of Pfc. Jessica Lynch...."
"Her story of heroism....."
blablablablablah...

HELLO.... What a bunch of Bu..Sh.t....
It's really provoking that they still can't admit that the whole "rescue" operation was fake.
Making a movie like this puts the real heroes of the Iraq war in a bad situation, because we can't really believe what's real and what's not anymore...

But it's great that Pfc. Patrick Miller gets more attention in this film.
According to an Army report he killed as much as 9 Iraqis befor he was captures.
He should have been the hero of this story in the first place!

Even Jessica Lynch herself is condemning Pentagon now
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3251731.stm
http://edition.cnn.com/2003/US/11/07/lynch.interview/index.html

I heard Jessica Lynch's staments are going to be harsh on ABC, apparently she really gets on the Pentagon. Lets not foget that the MEDIA is as responsible for this craze as much or more then the Pentagon. They took the interpritation of a "blond woman(turns out the Iraqi's used the wrong pronoun) fighting to the death" way to far. PFC Miller was thought dead until two months ago, when the Baltimore Sun uncovered the true story. Considering Lynhc's reward, he should of gotten the Medal of Honer.

When is she appearing on ABC?

I agree that the Media is very much responsible for much of this, but the whole "heroic rescue" operation, with SOF's firing blanks and all that was the beginning of it all...
And the Bronze star thing was the last drop that p..sed of most of the military world..

What did really happen to Miller?
Haven't heard much about him.

He is still a PFC working at a moter Pool in a fort in Colerado. He won the silver star for bravery, although the way the army passes those out he shoulda got a DSC.

Jessica will appear on ABC's Primetime on Tuesday night. I admit the Rescue was overdone, but a certain degree of OPSEC has to be maintained, so regardless of how much bullshitting went into it, it was a success.

The problem I have with her going after the Pentagon is that she doesn't have anything to blame them for. She has allowed herself to be used in a sense by taking all the endorsments, and the wrong turn they took is dou to faults on the Componey level. The "blond haired" woman is now belived to be a "blond haired man" who I can't remember the name of. Two bad obody saw what he did, from what Ive been able to gather his scarfice was reminiscant of Gary Gordon and Randy Shughart.

I hope that "Saving Jessica Lynch" comes on one of the scandinavian channels.
It sounds like an interesting thing.

If I ever figure out how to get my laptop connected to my VCR (which it says you can do) Ill copy my taped VHS tape to the internet and send it to you if you want.

Lets see Jessica Lynch has so far gotten a movie made about her next she'll probably do a book and then someone will come up with a Jessica Lynch action figure.. :roll: and God only knows what next..

Did you see the movie Gaurdsman? Yea, if you want a good take on the "other" heroes check out today's Wall Street Journal front page, there a good article in there about a guy who did alot more, and why Lynch is getting the credit. The guy is not PFC Miller btw...

I couldn't bring my self to watch it
I started thinking about all the Soldiers past and present that gave so much more and got so little in return that the thought of pfc. Lynch makes me Angry.. :x :x :x

I agree, my techer today was talking about how his uncle received a bronze star posthumously after dying on D Day plus 2 (He was an S-2 in the 508th I think) and it just made me think how much some people give and are never recognized. Happy Veterans Day folks, and thanks to you and others Gaurdsmen for keeping us free :D

big deal

I don't know why they made a big deal about Jessica Lynch. She was not the only one to be captured. They captured other soldiers that actually fought. They make a big deal about her. But when marines die trying to protect her and those of the U.S. they say nothin They say that it's just part of war.

i would just like to say that i do not like the idea about good ol jess

she doesnt deserve the attn she is getting and she definately doesnt deserve to be placed above the other service members that were POW and MIA.

If anything id love to see the life story of the guys who risked their life to save one of their own. not the other way around..
someone took a wrong turn got over ran by a guy with a bike and then got rescued by real heroes. ones that dont care what the opposition brings at them.

unfortunately Americans just love the stories like 'she went down firing from the hip' just a little too much, that's why when the story was first made up no one questioned it.

Not sure on the exact details on her rescue - but it was inspiring to see how they were true to their word about leaving no man behind 8)

Allan said:
unfortunately Americans just love the stories like 'she went down firing from the hip' just a little too much, that's why when the story was first made up no one questioned it.

Not sure on the exact details on her rescue - but it was inspiring to see how they were true to their word about leaving no man behind 8)
firing from the hip my ass, her weapon didn't fire because she didn't clean the sand out of the chamber, and got jammed.

Allan said:

Hey how about a little less attitude, ok? It's starting to sound like you're trying to pick a fight here, and that's a no go. Remember we're on the same side, some of your boys are in Iraq, too.

Besides, everybody loves to hear those stories about their fighting men (and women), even the Aussies.

fair enough - it's just that other nations don't have stories like that, I think the congress / white house / US Government seem to embellish a little.

we saw the original story about firing from the hip, then the rescue, then the truth by this girl.

No one really wanted to go back to the first part of this and ask about the original story ???

To Lynch's credit, she came out and spoke after the movie was released, saying how the movie was false, and that she never intended her situation to become so big, or to be tagged a hero.

Allan said:
fair enough - it's just that other nations don't have stories like that, I think the congress / white house / US Government seem to embellish a little.

we saw the original story about firing from the hip, then the rescue, then the truth by this girl.

No one really wanted to go back to the first part of this and ask about the original story ???

I really don't want to continue with this, because it's kind of upsetting me, but the "shooting from the hip" story DID NOT COME FROM OUR GOVERNMENT. The media created that story, and once again, I do not understand your problem with us.

Back