NBC's Saving Jessica Lynch - Page 2

--

November 11th, 2003  
Guardsman_Ca

I couldn't bring my self to watch it
I started thinking about all the Soldiers past and present that gave so much more and got so little in return that the thought of pfc. Lynch makes me Angry..
November 11th, 2003  
GuyontheRight

I agree, my techer today was talking about how his uncle received a bronze star posthumously after dying on D Day plus 2 (He was an S-2 in the 508th I think) and it just made me think how much some people give and are never recognized. Happy Veterans Day folks, and thanks to you and others Gaurdsmen for keeping us free
February 11th, 2004  
No MERCY

Topic: big deal

I don't know why they made a big deal about Jessica Lynch. She was not the only one to be captured. They captured other soldiers that actually fought. They make a big deal about her. But when marines die trying to protect her and those of the U.S. they say nothin They say that it's just part of war.
--
February 12th, 2004  
Chaotic

i would just like to say that i do not like the idea about good ol jess

she doesnt deserve the attn she is getting and she definately doesnt deserve to be placed above the other service members that were POW and MIA.

If anything id love to see the life story of the guys who risked their life to save one of their own. not the other way around..
someone took a wrong turn got over ran by a guy with a bike and then got rescued by real heroes. ones that dont care what the opposition brings at them.
February 14th, 2004  
Allan

unfortunately Americans just love the stories like 'she went down firing from the hip' just a little too much, that's why when the story was first made up no one questioned it.

Not sure on the exact details on her rescue - but it was inspiring to see how they were true to their word about leaving no man behind 8)
February 14th, 2004  
Pogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
unfortunately Americans just love the stories like 'she went down firing from the hip' just a little too much, that's why when the story was first made up no one questioned it.

Not sure on the exact details on her rescue - but it was inspiring to see how they were true to their word about leaving no man behind 8)
firing from the hip my ass, her weapon didn't fire because she didn't clean the sand out of the chamber, and got jammed.
February 14th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Hey how about a little less attitude, ok? It's starting to sound like you're trying to pick a fight here, and that's a no go. Remember we're on the same side, some of your boys are in Iraq, too.

Besides, everybody loves to hear those stories about their fighting men (and women), even the Aussies.
February 15th, 2004  
Allan

fair enough - it's just that other nations don't have stories like that, I think the congress / white house / US Government seem to embellish a little.

we saw the original story about firing from the hip, then the rescue, then the truth by this girl.

No one really wanted to go back to the first part of this and ask about the original story ???
February 15th, 2004  
Pogue

To Lynch's credit, she came out and spoke after the movie was released, saying how the movie was false, and that she never intended her situation to become so big, or to be tagged a hero.
February 15th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
fair enough - it's just that other nations don't have stories like that, I think the congress / white house / US Government seem to embellish a little.

we saw the original story about firing from the hip, then the rescue, then the truth by this girl.

No one really wanted to go back to the first part of this and ask about the original story ???
I really don't want to continue with this, because it's kind of upsetting me, but the "shooting from the hip" story DID NOT COME FROM OUR GOVERNMENT. The media created that story, and once again, I do not understand your problem with us.