N.Korea - Page 4

--

September 16th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Many of you may not know, who really wants N.Korea to have nukes? S.Koreans. Cannot believe it? Think about it.

S.Koreans would like to see a nuclear powerd N.Korea, anyway it is their brothers, and BOTH Korea's want to unite with hearts. A Great Korea is the dream of the awakened koreans especially those Koreans in the Sourth after they become rich for the first time in their whole history, then the Nationalism comes.
September 16th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Flying frog, perhaps you think that if Korea becomes one again, that they would become a threat to asia? Like China?
September 16th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer
Flying frog, perhaps you think that if Korea becomes one again, that they would become a threat to asia? Like China?
Not a real threat to Asia, anyway Korea is btw China and Japan, almost no way out.

But you never know.

For Chinese, we know them much better than you guys do.

The sense of national pride in Korea may cause big problem in Chinese/Korean border when Korea got nukes and they are united and getting richer and richer.

You never know, a small but strong country can beat a big country, we know that in China/Japan wars. Japan has been a pupil of China for thousands years, but yet when Japan got stronger in military, they can turn their guns against their old master.

So, we see things quite differently, anyway, how knows Asians better than Asians
--
September 16th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Yeah I was just curious- say, isn't a big myth in Korea that part of upper China is actually apart of Korea?
September 16th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer
Yeah I was just curious- say, isn't a big myth in Korea that part of upper China is actually apart of Korea?
Yeah I am glad to hear that you know quite well about other countries.

Last 3 month there was (still is) a big fight btw Chinese and Koreans both in public and governments.

The Koreans think one of their old dead kingdom "Gaojuli" was established in Chinese Northern Province (part of Manchuria), but this old kingdom was conqured and destroyed by Chinese 1500 years ago, and Chinese treat this issue a bit different than Koreans treat it. Complex story, you may find info on net.
September 16th, 2004  
03USMC

The whole South Koreans want the North to have nukes sounds like some Pyongyang generated propaganda to me.
I could see why the North wants a unification as the goverment has failed miserably in its ability to provide even the basic food for its citizens.
Having served on several occasions with ROK Marines I never met one who wanted nor trusted the leadership or intentions of Kim Il Sung or Kim Sung Il.
September 17th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

The #1 problem with the idea of reuniting Korea is North Korea. They are only willing to accept a "reunification" where the South completely submits to their unquestioned rule and to the rule of Communism. The reason that South Korea's wealth and economy is MUCH stronger than the North is because they have not been living under Communist rule and under a market economy they have been better off. The North is so hardcore Communist, that they are unable to accept anything less than their system and their rule being fully implemented in the South. Their demand is something akin to a spoiled child not letting anyone else play with their toys, and its completely counterproductive to any hope of Korean reunificaiton. Korea could be reunited tomorrow if it weren't for this.
September 17th, 2004  
03USMC

The North would never reunify under an elected goverment. Like I said Pyongyang generated Propaganda. North Koreans have a skewered version of history. The U.S. invaded the North ON 6/25/1950, the U.S. tortures and kills South Koreans. etc. 'etc..
The whole South wants the North to have Nukes concept has Pyongyang Prop-Agit stamped all over it.