Mexican Troops Cross Border, Hold Border Agent

I fail to understand the drug war. We have the DEA fighting the drug cartels. Why? That's about like the CIA fighting the FBI.

ROFL hahahahhaha!!! you so not know the spanish culture...My dear friend....mexicans descent comes from the consquistadores in Espana.lol....In fact ALL of Latin America does...hehehehhe...You know Costa Rica in Central America is called Little Spain???? i know you didnt...want free lessons in latin american history????... hehehehee...I guess I shouldn't call myself hispanic then huh??? being that I'm half Japanese????
Sushi tacos? Interesting..... :whip:

Nope I really don't know much about it. Maps. I love maps. I work with maps. Not history, maps.

I fail to understand the drug war. We have the DEA fighting the drug cartels. Why? That's about like the CIA fighting the FBI.

Sushi tacos? Interesting..... :whip:

yes..I'm mixed.

Because the US too has corrupt officers and agents........

Oh gimmie a freakin break here Chica.

Are there dirty agents and cops in Gringolandia? Sure there are. But en de nombre de Jesus Christo, the number of dirty agents, cops and military officers in La Terria pales in comparison to the number here.

And our goverment actually looks for and prosecutes the dirty ones....unlike Mexico.

Oh gimmie a freakin break here Chica.

Are there dirty agents and cops in Gringolandia? Sure there are. But en de nombre de Jesus Christo, the number of dirty agents, cops and military officers in La Terria pales in comparison to the number here.

And our goverment actually looks for and prosecutes the dirty ones....unlike Mexico.

You're right....there's several things you're unaware of though,...most of the drug cartels are able to find their way into the US cuz of the mass amounts of mula the cartels are paying the corrupt border patrol agents and then some.

Huh yeah thats the DF's version anyway.

If you really think about that theory doesn't make much sense. If it was that easy to buy off BP and CBP Agents there wouldn't be the fighting for the corridors along the the border and for the plazas south of the border. They'd just pay their way thro a POE of their choice.

Huh yeah thats the DF's version anyway.

If you really think about that theory doesn't make much sense. If it was that easy to buy off BP and CBP Agents there wouldn't be the fighting for the corridors along the the border and for the plazas south of the border. They'd just pay their way thro a POE of their choice.
Why dig tunnels if they've payed off the guards?

Because tunnels are mostly used for human trafficking......

Well the Nogales tunnels were all constructed by the cartel and connected to properties owned by the cartels. Tunnel building is done mostly by cartels because they can affoard it. The connection to human trafficking is they use illegals to carry product thru the tunnels as part of the price of passage and they may have agreements with certain Coyotes.

Last edited:
You're right....there's several things you're unaware of though,...most of the drug cartels are able to find their way into the US cuz of the mass amounts of mula the cartels are paying the corrupt border patrol agents and then some.

I would think if Border Agents were as corrupt as you claim, we wouldn't be having this discussion because this thread would not exist. Why, oh why, would the cartels risk holding a border agent at gunpoint when they could simply buy him off?

The connection to human trafficking is they use illegals to carry product thru the tunnels as part of the price of passage and they may have agreements with certain Coyotes.

Not in most cases....tunnels are mostly used by coyotes for human traff....its easier money...you know how much a coyote charges per person??? over 7 grand....a child is much more expensive...so you see its easier to get people from central america and mexico to want to come over and pay the price, than to wanna cross drugs for mula..

Not in most cases....tunnels are mostly used by coyotes for human traff....its easier money...you know how much a coyote charges per person??? over 7 grand....a child is much more expensive...so you see its easier to get people from central america and mexico to want to come over and pay the price, than to wanna cross drugs for mula..
like 13th Redneck said, a bribed guard wouldn't care, & it'd probably be easier to look the other way on illegals vs drugs.

Are you referring to the Tunnels or rather rash of tunnels found in Nogales and the couple found around Otay Mesa and Tecate Ca in 2008 & early 2009?
If so those were coyote constructed and were all about ten to twenty feet long and amounted to well camofalged ditches. Which is why they were found. Nothing like the real tunnels Customs found in Nogales that were constructed by the cartel...Pacifico I think.

End payment may 7 G's but that does'nt have to be up front and it depends on where you cross. Texas is alot more expensive because alot of money has been sent there to upgrade the survelliance and protection aspect. Cheaper if you cross in more desolate areas of Arizona and New Mexico. Cali is running neck and neck with Texas because Yasidro Station was also upgraded.
If you can come up with a grand and have family or friends guarentee the rest you can get across. Thats why ICE & CBP are always busting "safe houses" well north of the border the IA's are being held until the rest of the payment is made.

Tunnels are realtive in Illegal alien smuggling. The Drainage pipes and culverts in Deadmans Canyon San Diego Ca were used for years as tunnels to cross. Same with some "tunnels" read culverts in Otay Mesa.

Fact is that while there is alot of money to be made smuggling illegals there is more made in narcotics and the Coyotes don't have the money to build elaborate tunnels like the narco traffickers do. However they do strike deals sometimes to use the pollos as pack mules to hump loads over the border and the coyote gets his cut and the pollos get a rate reduction in their passage fee.

Tunnels have been used for a long time. I was hearing of them from family in Law Enforcement back in the late 70's/early 80's. Easier to move more people more often.

Tunnels are only prevelent in certain places where coyotes want to move IA's into populated areas like Nogales and San Ysidro / San Diego which is why thats where they are found. In the unpopulated areas it's a wasted effort to dig tunnels let alone trying to dig one in caliche ..not easy.

Other areas such as the Majority of the Texas Border it's a no win....you gonna tunnel under Rio Bravo?

Do they use rudimentry tunnels. Yes.

Is it prevelant. No.

Tunnels are only prevelent in certain places where coyotes want to move IA's into populated areas like Nogales and San Ysidro / San Diego which is why thats where they are found. In the unpopulated areas it's a wasted effort to dig tunnels let alone trying to dig one in caliche ..not easy.

Other areas such as the Majority of the Texas Border it's a no win....you gonna tunnel under Rio Bravo?

Is it prevelant. No.

Yup...
Its too long of a way to make tunnels in places near the Rio Grande...lol.....plus theres many factors like the weather and distance of course....instead they walk the journey through the desert...carring water and food that will most times run out FAST....sigh...never ending cycle...

Is it prevelant. No.

IIRC down by Arizona. Since I havn't seen them myself, I can't say absolutely yes or no.

Back