Marine Killing

--

November 16th, 2004  
warshark42

Topic: Marine Killing

Did anyone see the video of an injured Iraqi and the marines killing him and cheering?
November 16th, 2004  
03USMC

What video are watching?
November 16th, 2004  
Skinny

I have not yet seen the footage, but think of what the insurgents would have done if they had found an injured U.S. soldier laying on the ground. Or was it a civilian?
--
November 16th, 2004  
Locke

for what i have heard there was an injured insurgent inside a mosque, and the marine walked over to him and shot and killed him
not good stuff, but, as the quote from carwood lipton goes "only those who have been in a war have the right to judge the actions of soldiers"
yes the killing of an innocent is bad, but that man was no innocent. he was these to fight the allies. you can only speculate as to why it happened
November 16th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I saw the clip.
The only reason why I say the Marine shouldn't be sent to jail or anything is because of the nature of the enemy. If the enemy obeys the rules of law, or at least does not fake surrenders, use wounded and dead as booby traps, then he would be guilty.
But in this case, any wounded guy could be a bomb waiting to go off... just waiting for enough Marines to get close enough.
The nature of the enemy counts.
The Iraqi insurgents brought this thing among themselves.
November 17th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

I watched it but I'm certain I did not hear any "cheering"

November 17th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Yeah, there wasn't any cheering.
More like an "Oh S***" atmosphere.
November 17th, 2004  
Young Winston

I didn't hear any cheering, either.
November 17th, 2004  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiejohn
I didn't hear any cheering, either.

Nor did I.
November 17th, 2004  
ACTaFOOL82

Do ya'll have a link I wanna see it but cant find it.