Marine Killing - Page 3

--

November 17th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

what if that video inspires 300 more Iraqis to take up arms against the US. Say 15 US soldiers are killed by those 300 new insurgents.

Was killing that one wounded Iraqi really worth it?

No matter what your opinion is, the killing was good at the time but bad for the cause,
November 17th, 2004  
Redneck

Actually, SGT, just to clarify on this one, I have not seen anything that can actually prove that the Marine shot a wounded insurgent and not a dead one, the video sure doesn't show any movement. The effect may still be the same, but I don't think we want to jump the gun on saying he killed a "wounded enemy."
November 18th, 2004  
Italian Guy

The russian stuff don't work for me. Can anyone give me the link to the video?? I really need to watch it. Thanks guys.
--
November 18th, 2004  
Marksman

Quote:
Actually, SGT, just to clarify on this one, I have not seen anything that can actually prove that the Marine shot a wounded insurgent and not a dead one
well redneck,im not sure that dead bodies can move since this guy moved before being shot
November 18th, 2004  
soulja

Ive seen a censored version of the video (just search on google for fallujah video). And its clear that the marine thought he was up to something seen as he thought he was "faking to be dead".
Most people would have done the same and he doesnt deserve to be punished for it.
November 18th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Thanks soulja.
November 18th, 2004  
Italian Guy

I found it http://www.fallujah.us/stream.php?f=...LOW.wmv#bottom
November 18th, 2004  
larsrq

I say that we shouldn't judge that Marine. If what I have heard is true other Marines was killed/injured by so called injured Iraqis just the day before. The Marine was so very scared and acted directly when he saw movement. It is the situation to blame if anything. The Iraqis would have done the same to any injured Marine.

I do have understanding for Marines/soldiers that in time of war do things that on paper isn't allowed.
November 18th, 2004  
Kane

Quote:
It's not wrong to kill the enemy and cheer..

Because in battle, you may be the one dead and the enemy cheering..

Let's cheer for victory!
Sorry pal, but being Gung Ho in this type of war is quite unacceptable. Insurgents can cheer over a dead American body but the world will view these rebels as violent, inhumane, cruel lunatics who gloat over corpses.

Quote:
Let's cheer for victory!
This ain't a game.
November 18th, 2004  
DTop

Quote:
Sorry pal, but being Gung Ho in this type of war is quite unacceptable.
Secrecy, exactly how many wars have you been in? To whom is this unacceptable? Our Marines and Soldiers on the ground are fighting men, not Boy Scouts. They are professionals and as such are "gung ho" about their jobs.
After the fighting is done, the humanitarianism can begin. To get these steps out of sequence is a recipe for diaster.