Letter to El Presidente ... - Page 2

--
Boots

April 30th, 2006  
tomtom22

Topic: A different view

For a look at the opposite side of the coin, i.e. an American in Mexico, go here: http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...ad.php?t=21019

Phoenix 80 you need to respect other people's view whether they are leftist, conservative or whatever. The correct spelling is DEMOCRAT, not that demeaning term you used.
May 1st, 2006  
mmarsh

beI saw Thomas Freeman (the op-ed writer for the NYTimes) said something on Wolf Blitzer that resonated with me. He said that our immigration policy should high walls with large gates.

Very True...
May 1st, 2006  
AussieNick

This is why Australia has such strict immigration policy. It works and protects Australia from the exact issues the letter covers. The US needs to take a look at our model.
--
Boots
May 1st, 2006  
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom22
For a look at the opposite side of the coin, i.e. an American in Mexico, go here: http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...ad.php?t=21019

Phoenix 80 you need to respect other people's view whether they are leftist, conservative or whatever. The correct spelling is DEMOCRAT, not that demeaning term you used.
Right but to me, the Dems are worse than Demons and it is my personal opinion which should be respected as well.

Quote:
Thomas Freeman
It is Thomas Friedman of NYTimes. I wonder if you have ever read any thing of his works

Quote:
I am tired of your personal animas to all democrats ... I lean to the Democrat side of the political stratum and AM involved in political dissent on many topics ... many of these issues are normally the province of Democrats and I am opposed to them just like I am opposed to what many Republicans tout as "conservative values" issues.

There is enough manure that gets spread by both sides of the aisle without a foreign national or naturalized citizen trying to tear down democracy just because we protect speech. The fact that you are living in Canada instead of the US tells me that you probably wouldn't be welcomed ... "Go figure".
There is an IGNORE button some where you can use! I'll be glad though
May 1st, 2006  
Chief Bones

Topic: Why the hatred?

Phoenix
I respect your right to have your own opinions ... however ... your continued usage of a term that you use as a "slur" against a political group does NOT set well for a large number of people ... not all of them are Democrats. I happen to be one of the people who are offended by your continued usage of this term.

Democrats and Republicans alike share equally in the creation of problems facing our citizens ... both parties could have headed off many issues facing us today, if they had only had the cajones to stand up and be counted.

Now, I don't agree with every Democratic issue that comes along just as I don't subscribe to all of the Republican stances on issues. I DO NOT always vote for a party ... most of the time I vote for the individual and the individual's stand on certain key issues. Part of the problem on many issue stances has become the fact that you can't really tell whether it's a Republican talking or a Democrat ... this is why I can't understand your apparent hatred for Democrats. Democrats aren't ALL bad, and Republicans are NOT all bad so what have Democrats done to you personally that has brought out such personal animas towards them????

As far as the ignore button ... I ONLY use the ignore when someon'es actions are so objectionable as to be unredeamable ... you haven't quite reached that level ... be assured if you do, I will NOT be the ONLY member using that function.
May 1st, 2006  
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Bones
Phoenix
I respect your right to have your own opinions ... however ... your continued usage of a term that you use as a "slur" against a political group does NOT set well for a large number of people ... not all of them are Democrats. I happen to be one of the people who are offended by your continued usage of this term.

Democrats and Republicans alike share equally in the creation of problems facing our citizens ... both parties could have headed off many issues facing us today, if they had only had the cajones to stand up and be counted.

Now, I don't agree with every Democratic issue that comes along just as I don't subscribe to all of the Republican stances on issues. I DO NOT always vote for a party ... most of the time I vote for the individual and the individual's stand on certain key issues. Part of the problem on many issue stances has become the fact that you can't really tell whether it's a Republican talking or a Democrat ... this is why I can't understand your apparent hatred for Democrats. Democrats aren't ALL bad, and Republicans are NOT all bad so what have Democrats done to you personally that has brought out such personal animas towards them????

As far as the ignore button ... I ONLY use the ignore when someon'es actions are so objectionable as to be unredeamable ... you haven't quite reached that level ... be assured if you do, I will NOT be the ONLY member using that function.
Cool!

I stand by my term to describe the Demons
May 1st, 2006  
bulldogg

Phoenix I am sure you would be equally offended were a member here to constantly refer to Iranians through a last than flattering moniker. Take the high road.
May 1st, 2006  
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
Phoenix I am sure you would be equally offended were a member here to constantly refer to Iranians through a last than flattering moniker. Take the high road.
Not really! I have heard those terms about Iranians quite a lot

like *******s, camel riders ... etc and it didnt offend me at all because it was untrue but trying to compare the term I tend to describe the Dems with those racial and ethnic slurs are truly hypocritical
May 1st, 2006  
bulldogg

How is it hypocritical?? They are both disparaging remarks and I believe quite against the rules of the forum. As Ted tried to hint at before, if you really want to communicate with people leave the biased name calling off and you're more likely to develop some sort of influence. Continuing to use them results in people tuning you out as you sound like an unbalanced lunatic with an obvious agenda and the inflammatory language will do nothing but ramp up a flame war. If you could use some more neutral and informed adjectives it would go a looooooooooooooooong way.
May 1st, 2006  
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
How is it hypocritical?? They are both disparaging remarks and I believe quite against the rules of the forum. As Ted tried to hint at before, if you really want to communicate with people leave the biased name calling off and you're more likely to develop some sort of influence. Continuing to use them results in people tuning you out as you sound like an unbalanced lunatic with an obvious agenda and the inflammatory language will do nothing but ramp up a flame war. If you could use some more neutral and informed adjectives it would go a looooooooooooooooong way.
I wasnt like this but some people's uncontrolled anger and bias has led me to act like this.

So be it!