The Italian left: Nothing like the US left.

--
Boots

May 3rd, 2006  
Italian Guy

Topic: The Italian left: Nothing like the US left.

Italy has had three more solders KIA the other day.
Three Italians and a Romanian were killed by an IED in Nassiryah, Iraq.
The Italian left has always looked at the military as a warmongering force of fanatics.
Italian soldiers in Iraq have voted more than 85 % for the right.
Now look at this picture. It was taken at the funeral ceremony of the three soldiers. Some leaders of the left (former or current communist) attended the service in Rome. Pecoraro Scanio, who used to be Farming Policies Secretary (member of government!), and Vasco Errani, current head of a very important Italian region. They're both from the left and have been calling for withdrawal everyday since 2003.
Now look at how they're laughing and joking and playing while the rest of the people sit silent and sad before the coffins to pay respect to the heroes who left newborn orphans and young widows only to bring about peace and democracy to another nation.
I wish we had the US Dems instead of these shameful little men.

Click here for a larger image. Although you have surely heard that the big media dictator Berlusconi owns all of our media, nobody has shown this image in Italy yet. And no, it's not a fake. P.S. The guy with less hair and the serious expression sitting in the row before them, on the contrary, is a former secretary of the right (Antonio Marzano). And oooooh he is not laughing.
May 3rd, 2006  
Ted

They really do not seem to grasp the effect this photo will have for the guys out in the field, do they? Bloody hell, I bet that they think "will they be like that too when it's my turn?"
By the way, what do you think the new political route will be with the new government?
May 3rd, 2006  
major liability

That's really terrible. I disagree with much of the Bush administration's policy, but I support the troops all the way. This is just shameful.
--
Boots
May 3rd, 2006  
jequirity

Can u give a reference with that photo please?
May 4th, 2006  
5.56X45mm

Freaking communist scum.
May 4th, 2006  
sunb!

Disgusting and with no respect for the soldiers...
May 4th, 2006  
bulldogg

IG is this the from your neck of the woods?
May 4th, 2006  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jequirity
Can u give a reference with that photo please?
Sure, a couple of papers are talking about this today: This one and this one (also here), for instance.
The two leaders of the left have replied bitterly and angrily saying that the photographer has maliciously (?!) caught them in one expression and one single moment to "minimize our pain" during the funerals.
Go to hell.
May 4th, 2006  
PJ24

Disgusting and pathetic.

RIP, soldiers. The US military honors and respects your sacrifice.
May 4th, 2006  
Italian Guy

Thank you PJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogg
IG is this the from your neck of the woods?
No, Bulldog, the idiot with his tongue out is from Naples (he is bisexual btw). He is the former secretary. The one with glasses is from the north.