The Italian left: Nothing like the US left. - Page 4

--
Boots

May 7th, 2006  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine
Is this unusual to the non US members here?
What, that campaigns go on for the whole year in the US?
May 7th, 2006  
Rabs

Quote:
What, that campaigns go on for the whole year in the US?

They never really stop here.
May 7th, 2006  
Italian Guy

Well yes, I knew that because I have long studied about it.
--
Boots
May 8th, 2006  
deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy
You're right about Italian politician, but Berlusconi is something entirely different than the others.
wasn't berlusconi uinder investigation for phone sex? Or was that someone else in Italy?
May 8th, 2006  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerslayer
wasn't berlusconi uinder investigation for phone sex? Or was that someone else in Italy?
Not really, I believe you are talking about some other country.
May 8th, 2006  
deerslayer

I remember reading in Newsweek or US News & World Report about some bigwig who was under current investigation for soliciting phone sex for votes.
May 8th, 2006  
WarMachine

Guys, i think this says it all about berlusconi
http://youtube.com/watch?v=p2TRnDBI2o4

And you wonder why he lost by .1%?
May 8th, 2006  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine
Guys, i think this says it all about berlusconi
http://youtube.com/watch?v=p2TRnDBI2o4

And you wonder why he lost by .1%?
He actually received 50,2 % of the votes, but what do you mean by that?
1. It is a fake, can't you see?
2. This shouldn't have been posted on this thread though. See, the video is not real, while the pictures of the leaders of the left is true and accurate. Now who cuts the poor figure?
May 8th, 2006  
Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian Guy
He actually received 50,2 % of the votes, but what do you mean by that?
1. It is a fake, can't you see?
2. This shouldn't have been posted on this thread though. See, the video is not real, while the pictures of the leaders of the left is true and accurate. Now who cuts the poor figure?
But who did the counting on his behalf? I am willing to wager a substantial amount that the left and the right have deviant numbers. But nobody will ever know who's right! All I can say is that Berlusconi worked on my nerves. I have no specific reason or cause, but everytime I saw his face on the tele I had this gut feeling.
May 8th, 2006  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
But who did the counting on his behalf? I am willing to wager a substantial amount that the left and the right have deviant numbers. But nobody will ever know who's right! All I can say is that Berlusconi worked on my nerves. I have no specific reason or cause, but everytime I saw his face on the tele I had this gut feeling.
Ultimate, only official and recognized State organism to check, count and officialy declare ballot results is the Corte di Cassazione, equivalent of US Supreme Court, Italy's highest judicial court. We have no deviant numbers on election results.
As for your reactions at the sight of Berlusconi, you said it yourself: "No specific reason". That's the reason behind most of his opposers' take on the issue .