The Italian left: Nothing like the US left. - Page 2

--
Boots

May 4th, 2006  
jequirity

Cheers IG for the refs, the guys are a bunch of ******s. It might not be indicitive of all lefties but these guys are just pompus eejits
May 4th, 2006  
Italian Guy

Agreed. And anyways these jerks are representative of a large section of Italian left. I know it is different abroad.
May 4th, 2006  
mmarsh

IG

When you say 'left' how far is left. Communists are far left are these guys far left, center left, etc?
--
Boots
May 4th, 2006  
bulldogg

One of the new guys is a straight up self-declared Communist, right IG?
May 4th, 2006  
Italian Guy

Italian Left (49 % of Italian total votes) internal subdivision from more-to-the-center to left-left:

UDR (1% of Italian total votes)
Margherita (10,7% of Italian total votes)- closest to the Church and the Vatican.
This is the "center of the left".

RnP (2.5 % of Italian total votes) - they propose gay marriage but are incredibly pro-USA and Israel and for more free-market. They are vocal in an anti-Church way.
DS (largest branch of former Italian Communist Party, it has 17,5 % of Italian total votes, the heart of the left coalition, the real "engine". The guy who laughs in the picture, the one with glasses, is the president of a 4 million pop. region and belongs to this party)
This is the core of the coalition.

Italia dei Valori (3% of Italian votes).
The Greens (they are extremely leftist, anti-American. The guy with his tongue out in the picture his the leader of the Greens)
The Party of Italian Communists (name says all: Their leader has said Bush and Berlusconi have "blood on their hands", he would "run in support of Fidel Castro if a revolution threatened him" and he flew to Beirut to meet the representatives of Hamas at Lebanese Parliament)- As a confirmation for my observations on the Greens being extremists just notice that in these last elections the Greens and the Italian Communists went to ballots with one unified party - together they got 4.1 % of total Italian votes.
Communist Refoundation Party 7.5 % of total Italian votes. This party, hardcore communist, is large and important. Its leader is the speaker of the House.
And some other minor parties.
This is the left of the left (accounting for at least 33% of the whole coalition). Anti-Church, anti-Western attitude.

Istance: Blair and Kerry would be considered VERY conservative and too much pro free-market for most of our left.
May 4th, 2006  
Lupos

Sick, at least Democrats care about the troops.
May 4th, 2006  
5.56X45mm

Last time I checked, Ted Kennedy, Barbara Boxer, Dina Feinstein, John Kerry, & Hillary Clinton don't give a rat's arse about the troops.

Liberal Left Wing Communists is what they all are.
May 4th, 2006  
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56X45mm
Last time I checked, Ted Kennedy, Barbara Boxer, Dina Feinstein, John Kerry, & Hillary Clinton don't give a rat's arse about the troops.

Liberal Left Wing Communists is what they all are.
You do know that both Kennedy (Army) and Kerry (Navy) both actually served in the US Armed forces. Kerry is a Vietnam combat vet. With that in mind, 'doesnt gives a rats ass about the troops' rings rather hollow...
May 4th, 2006  
behemoth79

im sure that they meant well </sarcasm>

no matter if they are on the right or the left, i hope they lose any election or the like, that they are involved in. people like this dont deserve any good to come to them.

(yes, im back....again. this are awkward times for me so ill be in and out of the forums for awhile)
May 5th, 2006  
bulldogg

Anyone with this...
Quote:
AS LONG AS DIXIE STILL EXISTS,THIS COUNTRY WILL NEVER FALL
for a signature is always welcome.

Good to see you back around here.