Israeli Nuclear policy....?

View Poll Results :What should Israels nuclear policy be:
A) Admit having Nukes, refuse to disarm them, and threaten arab nations that any WMD attack on Israel would earn a nuclear response. 5 22.73%
B) Keep the current policy, admit nothing, denie nothing. 8 36.36%
C)Admit having nukes, agree to disarm them. 9 40.91%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

--

June 14th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: Israeli Nuclear policy....?

OK...So according to foreighn sources Israel has a growing arsenal of neuclear weapons.
These include by all foreighn sources:
-At least 100 nuclear warheads.
-A few dosen Jericho Medium Range Ballistic missiles.
-A few dosen Lans Short Range Missiles.
By some forieghn sources:
-3 Submarines armed with nuclear Medium Range Cruise Missiles
By very few sorces:
-Nuclear mines burried in the Golan Heights.

Israel keeps a low profile and the offficial line is "no comment". Israel dose not confirm or denie these reports. Now, my poll question takes for granted that Israel DOSE have nuclear weapons. This is not due to any real knowledge I have, but I see it as obvious.

The qustion is what should Israels nuclear policy be:
A) Admit having Nukes, refuse to disarm them, and threaten arab nations that any WMD attack on Israel would earn a nuclear response.

B) Keep the current policy, admit nothing, denie nothing.

C)Admit having nukes, agree to disarm them.
June 14th, 2004  
Marksman

disarm totaly,and you got some percentage of 2 milions people being safer
June 14th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Quote:
disarm totaly,and you got some percentage of 2 milions people being safer
Huh? What 2 million?
--
June 14th, 2004  
Tessa

I totally agree with Marksman.

I say: Disarm the nukes.
June 14th, 2004  
Mark Conley

sure..go ahead and disarm the nukes.

One thing about Israel...they do employ a different way of describing their nuclear status. And really not lie about it either.

From what I understand, Israeli nuclear devices are not ssembled...the plutonium cores are kept seperate from the physics package, guidance system, and the like. It is not until they are needed do they put the whole thing together, and have a thermo-nuclear device, or weapon. They can be put together rather quickly and utilized.

So...when that Israeli governmental representative is asked point blank..do you have any nuclear weapons on your soil...it is answered truthfully no.

Continuing the current policy is the safest way for them to go...but if you just got to do something Disarm the nukes, and employ the EMP and anti-power station bombs instead.

Either of these groups will take a country back to the stone age...
June 14th, 2004  
VEK

now no-one needs THAT amount of nuclear arsenal. today's world TERRIFIES me and my family. i'm scared that the whole world will nuke itself and we will all die. sweet dreams all! but seriously, today's nuclear threat is quite terrifying. methinks i'll go and live in a zone (ie the wilderness of Canada) where the threat of nuclear weapons being used is relatively slim.
June 14th, 2004  
Marksman

as ainstajn said"WWIII will be fought with nuclear wapons,and WWIV fill be fought with sticks".Does that tels you anything at all
June 14th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Well, When you are serrounded by 500000000 hostile arabs you may need these bombs...
June 14th, 2004  
Marksman

is there actually 500000000 arabs at all,and any way if we can make "peace" with Albanians so can you with the arabs
June 14th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Well, maybe not all of these hostiles are arabs, some are parsian or african. Anyways, UNTILL we have peace....