Israeli Nuclear policy....? - Page 5

View Poll Results :What should Israels nuclear policy be:
A) Admit having Nukes, refuse to disarm them, and threaten arab nations that any WMD attack on Israel would earn a nuclear response. 5 22.73%
B) Keep the current policy, admit nothing, denie nothing. 8 36.36%
C)Admit having nukes, agree to disarm them. 9 40.91%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

--

June 17th, 2004  
Eric

Ooooops.... my mistake....the 1925 Geneva Protocol the US signed in 1974 only prohibited the USE of Chem and Bio weapons...and the '92 Washington agreement only covered cutting 50% of the stockpiles...you are right....Binary were just for storage and transportation....
June 18th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Hey Eric welcome back ! Nice to have you around again. Your posts is pretty much a confirmation of what Mark first came up with: separation between the plutonium core and the physics package and so on.
But I wonder how quickly they could be assembled: if , say, Saddam had hidden nuclear weapons and decided to strike Israel , I mean its quite close to the border, Jordan's small, so how long wouldve had taken for the Israeli to get ready for counteroffensive ? It's not anything like science fiction or fantapolitics: reaction time is vital.
June 18th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Well, firstly, if we use em, they lose their point anyways...Btut I dont think they are all seperated, I think some are armed and ready. Again, not knowledge, but assesment.
--
June 18th, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman105
Well, firstly, if we use em, they lose their point anyways...Btut I dont think they are all seperated, I think some are armed and ready. Again, not knowledge, but assesment.
If you use them, we would be having another WW........... But if you are provoked, beat the hell out of 'em!
June 18th, 2004  
Eric

Sherman said "I think some are armed and ready. Again, not knowledge, but assesment."

Again...we don't know...can anyone come up with a better deterrence?
June 21st, 2004  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric
Sherman said "I think some are armed and ready. Again, not knowledge, but assesment."

Again...we don't know...can anyone come up with a better deterrence?
Yeah.
June 22nd, 2004  
hc^patonki

Why any country should have nukes? To threat other countries, doesnt sound something what good guys would do, anyway saying some guys are "good guys" is stupid
My opinion is that they should disarm those nukes if they have one, they have no more reason to have nukes than the arabs
June 22nd, 2004  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hc^patonki
Why any country should have nukes? To threat other countries, doesnt sound something what good guys would do, anyway saying some guys are "good guys" is stupid
My opinion is that they should disarm those nukes if they have one, they have no more reason to have nukes than the arabs
Alright make this point now: how do you reasonably make positive that every country gets rid of its nukes ? Your assesment is demagogical.
June 22nd, 2004  
Eric

Trust, love, flowers....
There are so many ways to convince other human beings to be nice, disarm and get along.
That is why "peace mongers" are demonstrating for peace in the streets of Washington and San Fransico and not in Fallujha, Bagdad, Chechnya, North Korea or China. They kindof care for their heads....
To me a peace mongers is as dangerous as a war monger...and there is a name for people "who want to get along" no matter what: victims!
Just remember the christian martyrs! Peace and love ended up in torn to pieces by the lions that loved it!!!
June 22nd, 2004  
SHERMAN

listen people, this whole "we will be nice and the enemy will like us" attitude is great when you live in sweeden or some place like that....I spent most my life in 2 towns in Israel. Both are considerd safe. And still, one was hit by an Iraqi SCUD, and there was a suicide bombing next to where i live now, right on the spot i wait for the bus when i get off the train. Why dose Israel need these weapons? because we are encircled by millions of arabs who want to see us killed.