Human rights ( in military) - Page 5

--

November 16th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Asskicker. Would it break three bones, twist an ankle and slaughter six goats to spell "what"?

but back on topic.
China's record is very poor, but worst of all, it's always covered up.
November 16th, 2004  
Asskicker

well, if u look from 5000 years of history,
it is nothing to kill a few students in Tiananmen

but if u look at the past 200 years of history, i have to say Chinese government is kind of crapy, but there is a reason to cover it up, not because we r just bunch of SOBs, but cuz we dont want any unrest in our own country, a 1.3 billion ppl one,
perhaps in the future, there will be less and less cover up (i can see the improvments now)

but again, every country is not that good, U.S is not that pure either,
November 16th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Well... the last 50 years is what's important I think. More so the last 30 years.
If you go back to pre-World War II, only some things are important but the world's changed so much it's hardly relevent anymore
--
November 16th, 2004  
Asskicker

agree,
but 50 years is really a small phase in the whole history right?

china is changing now, for ex, the new leaders first time admit their mistkaees to cover up SARS, very brave to risk the unrest in china,
November 16th, 2004  
A Can of Man

It's a small phase in history from the start but it's VERY important if you consider the world today.
Usually the further back you go, the less it has directly to do with our current situations. And even then, probably those involved aren't even around anymore. Like the Ottomans. lol
November 16th, 2004  
Asskicker

well..i love ottomans, they greatly influcenced the world in the past and prehaps today

the best ex, is roman empire, their government structure stil influences today
November 16th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Yeah, but if we're dealing with specific incidents in the present, the Roman Empire may have something to do with it, but hardly provides anything close to a solution or the immidiate cause of it.
November 16th, 2004  
Asskicker

China today is in a time of transition,
there is a sort of cycle in the politic of china
from centralization to decentralization,from war to unifiction stuff

china has just been unified, it needs more time to get stronger and freer
November 16th, 2004  
MadeInChina

exactly, and changes has to be done with ease and cant be too fast: look at russia..... a sad case indeed....

Um.,.. ive heard of american antitank troop using LAW on infantry...
November 16th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

What's wrong with LAW on infantry?