Human rights ( in military) - Page 2

--

November 13th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
This is our Tiananmen Square:
I found some other pictures of Tiananmen Square too, but they are a little too graphic to be shown here. Google "Tiananmen Square" and "pictures" and you'll find some interesting pictures of the incident.

You know, in American, people are allowed to protest the government. Would anything like the anti war and anti Bush protests be allowed in china? Would the Chinese government allow 500,000 citizens to protest against the government?

People won't do that in China because they remember what went on at Tiananmen Square. I was only 10 at the time, but I remember seeing a video of bullets bounce off the pavement into a crowd of civilians on the 6pm news.
November 13th, 2004  
A Can of Man

I was in Hong Kong, and I saw footage of armored vehicles going over some barriers and then heading straight at the students who were laying on the ground in protest. It was horrific stuff, but I'm glad I saw it. I can say it happened. I don't care what anyone else says about it because I saw it.
The footage was live.
November 13th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

I know that 500,000 citizens are allowed to protest against the governments in USA and UK like those anti-Iraq war demonstration.

Yet have you noticed that all those demonstrations have no effects at all, nothing was changed by your governments.

So left to me: what's use of those meaningless demonstrations?
--
November 13th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
So left to me: what's use of those meaningless demonstrations?
It is a right that the citizens of the United States has. Before the Revolutionary War, people were put in jail for speaking out against the government and the King. Freedom of speech and Freedom of the press were some of the issues that brought us to War with England. After the Revolutionary War, our forefathers included these rights in our Constitution. From time to time these rights have been stepped on, but they have remained for over 200 years.

The forefathers of the US thought that ever human being had those rights stated in the Bill of Rights. I guess you could call them human rights since every person has those rights.

The Chinese government does not believe in Freedom of the press or speech and that is why Chinese tanks and troops attacked the demonstrators at Tiananmen Square.
November 13th, 2004  
A Can of Man

China's got an incredibly poor record on human rights, whether military or civilian.
I think it's rather silly you put up this thread.
November 13th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
The Chinese government does not believe in Freedom of the press or speech
Those "rights" are also written in Chinese constitutions. If you don't believe, you can have a look at it.

Therefore, saying "The Chinese government does not believe in Freedom of the press or speech" is baseless.
November 13th, 2004  
A Can of Man

There's the plan, and there's the reality.

Things do not need to be written to be actual.
And things that are written aren't neccessarily actual.
November 13th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
There's the plan, and there's the reality.

Things do not need to be written to be actual.
And things that are written aren't neccessarily actual.
Exactly. Now check the Iraq Prison issue again. Nice talking vs Cruel reality.
November 13th, 2004  
Big_Z

If some of the Chinese people here could step back and look at China from our perspective I think they would be shocked. We see 2 entirely different things. It's not their fault though, it's the media and government to blame.
November 13th, 2004  
d3v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Z
If some of the Chinese people here could step back and look at China from our perspective I think they would be shocked. We see 2 entirely different things. Its not their fault though, its the media and government to blame.
Absolutely. I was fairly taken back when I read some of the posts, such venom directed towards the United States crimes, and such blatent digestion of Chinese propaganda when it comes to their own.

Quote:
Therefore, saying "The Chinese government does not believe in Freedom of the press or speech" is baseless.
Read the Reporters san Frontieres (reporters without borders) annual report on China here.

And wikipedia's article on human rights in China, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_China.

Oh, and the invasion of Tibet was most definitely not an enlightenment.