How to handle the Iraq situation? - Page 5

--
Boots

February 2nd, 2005  
Sexybeast

come on..stopping being like u ppl are superior or something......arguing with facts, not "weird tones" or "who is older something"

if Arabian nations can support U.S in iraq now...that will be a great help..

wut do u think?
February 2nd, 2005  
Charge 7

Yes, Beast, that would be a big help. I think it may even be likely once things have settled down a good deal more and Muslims outside of Iraq can come in to help rebuild without being the target of terrorists themselves. We can leave the terrorists largely there when we leave - they'll have to live with whatever part of them is left.
February 2nd, 2005  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
NP Beast

Blitzer if you weren't so concerned about that ego of your's you might even grasp that pontificating as you were was beyond you and made you ripe for somebody taking you down a peg. Having that happen to you is not always a bad thing. Sometimes you actually learn something. Debate? Sure debate all you want, just try to have a grip on reality and understand that _you_ do not have all the answers. If you had made your statements more in the frame of question and answer and a tolerance for either with some grain of doubt that you knew it all, then you would have been okay. You didn't do that. You sermonized from the mount.
Well now that you've stopped talking down to me, you make sense. I was trying to provide analysis on it, but I failed and preached my opinions on it right away. Like a college professor or something. I really didn't mean to be overbearing, I simply tried packing too many points for multiple viewpoints and I couldn't properly articulate it.

Maybe it was your military mindset, but "taking me down a peg" didn't seem to help. Now that you've calmly pointed out my vices, I understand your replies.
--
Boots
February 2nd, 2005  
Charge 7

Well maybe when you're older (no not being condescending just another truth) you'll understand things differently. Just as you don't care to be talked down to - neither do adults with many years of experience like be preached to by youngsters. Tell you what, call it water over the bridge and we both understand each other a little better. How's that?
February 2nd, 2005  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybeast

alright, next time, dont talk like if u r superior or older or smarter or powerful or something, retired marine
Are you trying to lay down rules for me? Or are trying to force me into agreement? Ethier way yer 180 shot out on that score.
February 2nd, 2005  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Sure thing.

But! A little back there you compared me to John Kerry. Please don't do that, that really really hurt! I'm not being smart either, that was cruel. :P

But do you really think we can trust the Saudi's? Or the stability of that nation? The impression I get, is that it's a country split, half moderates who want good relations with USA, half crazy fundamentalism.

Weren't you once garrisoned in SA?
February 2nd, 2005  
Charge 7

The Saudies definitely have their problems. Is terrorism going to win over the ruling family and the oil cartels? Not a snowball's chance in hell. And it's nowhere near half split in who they support. The media may give you that impression but the truth is that terrorist factions are a very small percentage of the populous at large. Seriously, if you had a state guaranteed income of hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions, would you be running into the arms of people who want to wreck all that?

Oh and sorry if pointing out Kerry got a bee in your bonnet but I wanted you to know who you were supporting if you continued on that line of thinking.
February 2nd, 2005  
Whispering Death

At this point we are so deep into the conflict there is no other way to go but keep doing what we're doing. Can't switch boats midstream and all of that.
February 2nd, 2005  
Big_Z

Quote:
show support/???
does that help?
does showing support can reduce the expolsions in iraq>

can showing support kick insurgents' ass?
can showing support accelerate the rebuilding??

U.S needs practical support, not spritiual
No, we don't need practical support. We have the most well rounded military in the world, we can support ourselfs. I'm not saying that a Polish or any other of our allies soldiers aren't as good as an American. We can handle the frontline stuff and the main bulk of the conflict and they know this.
February 2nd, 2005  
Whispering Death

Quote:
show support/???
does that help?
does showing support can reduce the expolsions in iraq>

can showing support kick insurgents' ass?
can showing support accelerate the rebuilding??

U.S needs practical support, not spritiual
I am beginning to wonder if any of these supposedly 'chinese' people (who never seem to be living in China) know the first god damned thing about warfare!?! Really, you don't think it provides a significant moralle boost when you come home from a 10 month tour of duty in hell to see American flags waving, yellow ribbons everywhere you go, and people on every streetcorner thanking you for your service? Really, you think that's such a bad idea? Here, tell me how bad of an idea that is, tell me how our troops need to be disgraced like in Vietnam. Please, impart your wisdom to me.